Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk Saving Us Again - Just Like Dunk/Duffy Used To

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If memory serves, Dunk/Duffy saved our sorry arses a season or two back. Take away Maupay's penalties and Dunk is STILL pretty much our top scorer. Which is pretty pathetic.

Lewis Dunk :bowdown:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I posted this after the Burnley game. Almost posted it today after he scored hoping to get egg on my face:

Knew we wouldn't win the moment Lewes Dunk scored. We weren't playing Arsenal. They're the only team we beat in the Premier League when Dunk scores.

2020/21
Burnley (a) - 1-1
Wolves (h) - 3-3
West Ham (a) - 1-1

2019/21
Arsenal (h) - 2-1 W
Liverpool (a) - 2-1 L
Man Utd (a) - 3-1 L

2018/19
Cardiff (a) - 2-1 L
Everton (a) - 3-1 L

2017/18
Arsenal (h) - 2-1 W

Defensively he has been very important, but I don't think his goals generally have been the difference in previous seasons. This season that may change - 5 points difference thanks to his goals.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If memory serves, Dunk/Duffy saved our sorry arses a season or two back. Take away Maupay's penalties and Dunk is STILL pretty much our top scorer. Which is pretty pathetic.

Every pen that we are awarded until the end of the season, Dunky needs to grab the ball, and take it himself. Don't let anyone else near it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

His clearance off the line in the dying minutes against Fulham could turn out to be pivotal..

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Indeed, he could well be my choice for Player Of the Season now, certainly been the most consistent performer in my book. The one player that l know we can totally rely on.

Dunky is up there and in with a shout.

In fact, he's probably been in the top 5 candidates for every single one of the last 7 or 8 years.

No other player in our history has come close to this consistency and longevity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here