Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trosdard's role today

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Firstly, fair play to him. Has come under a lot of criticism, mostly justified, however he took his chance today and scored a potential season-saving goal. And what a good goal it was too

What really interested me was how central he was today. He seemed brilliant just making runs beyond Welbeck and playing off the shoulder of the saints defence. Could he perhaps find a new lease of life in a more central role now?

(Edit: also excuse the horrendous misspelling in the title. If one of the mods could change it that would be fantastic :blush: )

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Didn’t really see much of him. I thought Trossard played very well though. Good goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheese and pickle.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Tross.jpeg

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I thought that he (along with others) were dreadful in the first half-hour (despite our goal) and posted elsewhere at half-time that I wanted him off.

He seemed much better in the second half (to my eyes) the change of system helped significantly. I’m happy to eat the humble pie when it’s as tasty as a 2-1 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Trossard is one of those players who can be intensely frustrating but you have to have him on the pitch as he shows glimpses of real quality, he also scored a really important goal vs Norwich towards the end of last season. He just needs to improve his decision making and consistency, a prem version of Knockaert.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Trossard is one of those players who can be intensely frustrating but you have to have him on the pitch as he shows glimpses of real quality, he also scored a really important goal vs Norwich towards the end of last season. He just needs to improve his decision making and consistency, a prem version of Knockaert.

Just think about what kind of player we would have on our hands if he could improve on this

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I said before the game

Ye. Find it difficult to leave him out. When he is bad, he is really really bad, but when he is good (which he is more often than people care to remember) he is very dangerous and a unique player type in this team. If out of the next eleven games he is shit in six games and the best player in five, thats good enough for me (for the time being). At this point where "consistent runs of results" could go **** itself and its all about scraping those last 8-10 point, I think he needs to be on the pitch. In the summer I think it should be adressed though. Dont mind him being in the squad for next season but a competitor/replacement needs to be found.

He is not going to be the king of every game and much less every minute for the remaining ten games, but he needs to be on the pitch as often as possible.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I love watching him play , with Dunky you know what you get 110% every tackle every minute . Trossard is a different animal , like a lucky dip you never know what you`re gonna get , sometimes it`s coffee cream but when it`s caramel ohh man that`s good .

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I love watching him play , with Dunky you know what you get 110% every tackle every minute . Trossard is a different animal , like a lucky dip you never know what you`re gonna get , sometimes it`s coffee cream but when it`s caramel ohh man that`s good .

Thought he had a really good 2nd half today. Bit meh first half but the change in system really suited him. Also really impressed with Zequiri.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I would stick him up front, centrally, from now on.

He is probably the best striker at the club. He has been unlucky to not score more this season.

He looks a bit awkward on the wings at times.

He needs less time on the ball. Some of his one-touch passing / crossing is great - like his goal today. But when he has time to think, he often over-complicates things.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

AK was pretty good player even in the PL. With hindsight he was not as bad as many would make out certainly not a massive gap between him and Trossard or Gross, certainly better than Ali J and a few others and might have fitted better into this team than people think. Could be very direct and that is one thing which we miss now although it looks like Zeqiri might be fill that role.

P.S. Am I ignoring the drop off in form at Fulham and Forest , yes because I think the circumstances that he left destroyed his confidence which is only now coming back.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I was SCREAMING for him to taken off and replaced by Ale Mac, then he scored and all was well again :bowdown:

Incidentally, why do commentators pronounce his name with a silent 'D'

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was SCREAMING for him to taken off and replaced by Ale Mac, then he scored and all was well again :bowdown:

Incidentally, why do commentators pronounce his name with a silent 'D'

Because that's more like how it'd sound in his native language. I'm not a French-speaker, but guess it should be something like Twossar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here