Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Class over potential

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Did we really start to see today why Adam Lallana and Danny Welbeck are our technically best players. Their movement, vision, touch, eye for space and movement is a step above others

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to say that I have not been convinced employing them was a great move, but Lallana for two games now and Welbeck were very influential today. Some lovely touches from both of them.

Humble pie going down a treat

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Have to say that I have not been convinced employing them was a great move, but Lallana for two games now and Welbeck were very influential today. Some lovely touches from both of them.

I'm currently enjoying a large portion of the same dish

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yeah same here.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

"You can't win anything with kids" Alan Hansen

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
They definitely are the best at the quick one touch football in the final third. Mac is also good in that department.

Everyone else tends to slow things down in front of goal.

Lallana’s vision is exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
In the here and now, yes, but it will be the potential that takes us further. Class in addition to potential I can get on board with, not instead of...

Agreed, but isn't it so predictable that while you wait for the potential which may never come you are forced to use class and experience.

Hughton called upon Murray..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can we measure class beyond 45mins against a poor side. Lallana and Welbeck may be both out injured or not turn up against Newcastle! Fans are so fickle, both were being lambasted just couple games ago and have been for most of the season.

Let’s wait until they’ve been outstanding for remainder of season before handing out the laurels (and Hardy’s!)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can we measure class beyond 45mins against a poor side. Lallana and Welbeck may be both out injured or not turn up against Newcastle! Fans are so fickle, both were being lambasted just couple games ago and have been for most of the season.

Let’s wait until they’ve been outstanding for remainder of season before handing out the laurels (and Hardy’s!)

Southampton have some very good players.

Nothing wrong with pointing out good performances when they happen

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Southampton have some very good players.

Nothing wrong with pointing out good performances when they happen

Sadly most of Southampton's good players are out injured but I agree it was a fantastic performance today by the lads and even Potter has to get praise today.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Sadly most of Southampton's good players are out injured but I agree it was a fantastic performance today by the lads and even Potter has to get praise today.

Why sadly ?
I’d be quite happy to stay up playing teams who are missing their better players
It’s Not like we re not missing a few either is it ?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
That place prick ex owner slating our decision to bring them in on his tinpot radio show. Both showed today that they're class above the rest and their EPL experience is essential. Maybe what we've been lacking at times through the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here