Date: Sunday 14th March 2021
Kick-off: 12:00 GMT
Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Richard West
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
VAR: Andrew Madley
Additional VAR: Darren Cann

TEAM NEWS

Southampton's Moussa Djenepo could feature despite being substituted against Manchester City on Wednesday because of a groin problem.

Forward Danny Ings remains sidelined with a muscle injury.

Brighton defender Tariq Lamptey is set to miss the rest of the season with a hamstring injury that could require surgery.

Aaron Connolly is also unavailable due to a cracked rib that will sideline him until after the international break.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Southampton are unbeaten in all seven Premier League meetings, winning three and drawing four.
    [*=left]Brighton have won just one of the past 13 encounters in all competitions.
Southampton

• [*=left]Southampton have only won once in 11 league matches, drawing one and losing nine.
    [*=left]They have conceded 30 Premier League goals in 2021 - nine more than any other side.
    [*=left]Saints have earned 19 points out of a possible 24 in their eight league games against teams below them in the table this season.
    [*=left]Southampton have dropped a league-high 18 points from winning positions this season, one more than Brighton.
Albion

• [*=left]Four of Brighton's five Premier League wins this season have come in away games.
    [*=left]Albion are on a six-match winless run in all competitions, losing the last three in a row.
    [*=left]They could suffer four successive league defeats for the first time since April 2019.
    [*=left]Graham Potter has never lost four consecutive league fixtures within the same season.
    [*=left]Potter's only Premier League playing experience was eight appearances for Southampton in the 1996-97 season.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has scored five of his seven Premier League goals this season in away matches.

Graham Potter's Southampton Press Conference

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hooray! It is match day and it is at lunchtime and it is on BBC .....woo hoo!

All we need now is a good performance and three points please . Southampton are so inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes rubbish. Ings is not there , this one is winnable, no predictions from me but I am crossing all fingers and whatever.
Come on Albion, let’s be the sinners to upset those Saints :albion2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Annoyed already because we can win this one but I know we probably won’t

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Biggest game of the season to date. Anything less then 3 points is unacceptable.
Not sure it is bigger than West Brom away was. That was the defeat that really put us in trouble.... which means we do need the points today. The Newcastle game will be bigger than anything since Potter has been here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Every game now is a big one. Put a nice little run together and we'll pull away completely. Losing a fourth in a row would be disastrous for confidence ahead of Newcastle. So it'll probably be a draw.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Defo lose or at best draw.we don't win games like this. Another brain therapy session needed again after watching a predictable outcome of how the game will be and end up.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Here we go again, I would love to see a brilliant,dominating display of Potterball at it's very best with a pile of goals,but once again groundhog day strikes and we see the same old same old story of missed chances,plenty of possession but losing to a couple of sucker punch goals,supporting the Albion is never easy! Which scenario will it be?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hate this lot and I hate these games. My biggest match of the season and our recent record against them is really not good.

With my other half and the mother of my children being a Southampton girl, I really wish this game hadn’t coincided with Mothers Day too!

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
As a Brighton fan growing up in the 90s near Southampton, all my mates were Saints fans (or unsurprisingly Man Utd). The abuse and delusion of their fans put Saints pretty much as my most despised team.

So today this means everything. 3 points today can start us on the path to safety and I'm convinced we won't make the mistake of not brining in a CF this time after selling Biss and White to offset the cost.

Just need to stay up this season...today is the day!

COME ON THE SEAGULLS!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please can we show the same steely resolve that England rugby showed yesterday, with the same result too

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Please can we show the same steely resolve that England rugby showed yesterday, with the same result too

23-20?

I know we're due a few goals but that seems a touch on the optimistic side.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I wonder if Izquierdo’s performance on the bench last week will see him in the squad this week, or whether he’ll be dropped for another 5-6 weeks like he was last time after his previous disappointing performance sat on the bench.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here