[Albion] Aaron Connolly article in The Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A follow-up post having been alerted by one of the moderating team about a series of posts from a now-banned user accusing me of a cover-up.

Firstly, I'm not entirely sure how I'm covering anything up when I posted a direct link to the article in question on here. I'm not sure in the history of cover-ups anyone has directly highlighted the thing that is supposedly being covered up.

But I am politely requesting people discuss this matter, for the time being at least, elsewhere, should they wish to do so and I'll never hide behind the reason for this, or similar requests. There has never been a greater focus on what fans say on social media platforms, including messageboards, as Albion fans are aware with this week's news of a minimum two-year ban on an Amex season-ticket holder due to a tweet he made.

All Premier League clubs are monitoring their own channels closely. I do believe that we are now at the point that sooner rather than later there will be fan(s) in court based on what they have written online about a club, a player or a club official. I think there's a desire to set an example of some people to try and stem what is now seen as an out-of-control situation.

NSC is watched very, very closely indeed. Only this week I was given an ultimatum about a post on here. I'd not even seen the post in question at the time it was flagged to me. My choice at these times is to let a post remain and risk legal action being taken against the NSCer and/or me, or remove the post.

Legal action against me could be ruinous for me and my family. I have no idea how likely that is to happen, and I don't really want to find out. A Premier League football club has significantly deeper pockets than I do. Try to put yourself in my shoes: would you be prepared to risk your family's future because of what someone you don't know has written on a messageboard that you are responsible for.

It's really as simple as that. I can't stop anyone thinking I'm "in the club's pocket", although I really don't believe I am. I've had numerous disagreements with the club on various matters, and will always speak up critically where I feel it is merited.

I run NSC to allow as many people as possible to discuss pretty much everything to do with the club we all support, as well as the rest of life, the universe and everything. But sometimes I have to draw a firm line in order to protect people from themselves, and to protect me from them too. I'm sorry that has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here