Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What match have you attended and witnessed the largest aggregate half time score ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I seem to remember us being 4-0 up at the break against Leeds at the Amex but surely you can beat that ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
5-0 v Charlton, 1983/84. They were unbeaten when we played them. Won 7-0, Jummy Case hat-trick. Should have been 10 - I think it was seven after about 60 mins, but Case went off injured. He was outstanding that day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I found another one for us oldies . 1-5 down at home to Bristol Rovers in the famous 2-8 Match of the Day defeat .

Not Mr Clough's finest hour and a half. Thread over ?

Beaten to it I see :tantrum:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I recall being 0-4 down after 36 mins in 2005 to Wigan at Withdean.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just off the top of my head:

Nov79 Albion 1-4 Liverpool

4-3 home wins over Carlisle and Dagenham in 2011.

(The dumbest thing was missing Albion 5-0 Orient on New Years Day 2011. I didn’t realise it was an early KO and I live a three minute walk from Withdean Stadium).

Bad fan - I’ve not seen any of the ManC cricket scores. I hate what they’ve done to football. £1.5b invested to create no contests in fixtures against our likes.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Fulham away in the Sherpa Vans trophy in 1987. We won 6-1 and I’m sure we were 5 or 6 up at half time but I can’t find confirmation anywhere.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm afraid i witnessed the 2-8 defeat to Bristol rovers.
1-5 at half time.

I see the lights are flashing,
We’re all going Bristol bashing,
La la lala la la la lala la

boik

I'm old, and my mind might be playing tricks, but I seem to remember us being 5-0 up against someone at the Goldstone at half-time followed by a goalless second half. Don't think it was an evening match.

Anyone know what match I'm thinking of?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Scottish League Cup final, 23 October 1971. Partick Thistle 4-0 up against Celtic after 37 minutes at Hampden. Lifelong Jags fan next to me actually had what looked for all the world like a heart attack. Went purple in the face and had to be stretchered out. We just assumed that we'd be killed at half time by the vastly superior number of non-segregated Celtic fans. Instead they just went home. Was a newsflash on Scottish television and got the biggest cheer of the day at Ibrox. Maryhill Magyars :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here