Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Kuchta - Slavia Prague

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Are you sure that's his highlights reel and not a Czech Keeper Bloopers collection?

Edit OMG I only watched the second one before posting. The first is even worse!

That’s my bad, the ‘hilarious’ one didn’t upload at first. Some of the defending and goalkeeping is unbelievable :lol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My guess is the czech leagues all decide which striker they are going to collectively pad the stats for each season and then split the cash between them, when the desperate Prem league clubs come knocking

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My guess is the czech leagues all decide which striker they are going to collectively pad the stats for each season and then split the cash between them, when the desperate Prem league clubs come knocking

We fell for it once before with Skalak...

I’m guessing if West Ham are interested Soucek and Coufal have had a word.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Come on now.

He was responsible for one of the best hits I have ever seen.
Admittedly the keeper was partially responsible, but by god he hit it hard.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How many times would he be offside for us, or in the PL, playing like that?

Couple of nice goals too though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He was fantastic for us for a season and a half (top goal creator despite playing half a season is quite a feat, then top goal creator the next season also), then tailed off quite badly in his final season.

History is rewritten with Skalak based on his final 15-20 games. He put in a wonderful cross many times and scored a couple of great/important goals. Well worth his squad place.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I do have to acknowledge though that I have a massive soft spot for slow, technically gifted, physically weak wingers - see also Jahanbakhsh, Alireza.

Probably because it's the sort of footballer I am (at a Sunday League level, obviously...)

Stumpy Tim

For a time Skalak had the best delivery at the club. However, Knockaert joined and was far more exciting, effective, and his delivery was similar. That meant Skalak didn't offer enough in other areas to get in the team. Murphy's pace and directness, and Solly's skills, were better options

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This guy has never played more than 27 matches in a season before, he's not even a one-season wonder, he's a half a season wonder.

Moreover, the lad has not even started for the Czech Republic. Even Skalak had made his full international debut by his 24th birthday.

I'd rather sign Matt Kuchar.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I do have to acknowledge though that I have a massive soft spot for slow, technically gifted, physically weak wingers - see also Jahanbakhsh, Alireza.

Probably because it's the sort of footballer I am (at a Sunday League level, obviously...)

I was, and am, slow and physically weak, although I'm not so sure technically gifted and winger are terms I should be associated with. Also, to differ from you, I never rated Skalak that highly and, when he was at his peak (for he had one), always rated Knockaert, March and Murphy above him. He did have a different skill set than those three though. Ali J is a wonderful player for the Eridivise, not for the PL, and for the reasons you highlight.
Both could strike the ball wonderfully though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here