Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 12-15/03/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A favour from Villa tonight would be helpful.

(I'm going to write that I have a funny feeling about Fulham getting a result tomorrow so I look really stupid when City beat them 5-1)

I have a funny feeling Fulham might get something tomorrow.

Friday 12th March 2021
Newcastle United v Aston Villa (20:00) - BT Sport

Saturday 13th March 2021
Leeds United v Chelsea (12:30) - BT Sport
Crystal Palace v West Brom (15:00) - Sky Sports
Everton v Burnley (17:30) - Sky Sports
Fulham v Man City (20:00) - BT Sport

Sunday 14th March 2021
Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion (12:00) - BBC One
Leicester City v Sheffield United (14:00) - Sky Sports
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur (16:30) - Sky Sports
Man Utd v West Ham United (19:15) - Sky Sports

Monday 15th March 2021
Wolves v Liverpool (20:00) - Sky Sports Main

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.25.39.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder which biased non Brighton liking commentators the BBC will come up with on Sunday. Matt Le Tissier, one of them, maybe?

I also have a bad feeling for the Fulham vs City game

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Grealish is still out for Villa which is a bit of a blow for tonight’s match.
Really can't see how villa are heavy favourites for this one. Football is so depressing at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Guaranteed Newcastle win tonight.

In fact I'm off to BET on it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think or hope Villa will win and I can’t see Fulham winning at Man City . We need at least a point at Southampton and beat Newcastle . Not too controversial so hopefully I will not get removed from this thread for daring to state my honest opinion ....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fir the first time I;m really only looking at Brighton's result - really does feel like a must win; just win and don't worry about the others. The pessimist in me says that 16th. place will be beyond our reach again by Friday night anyway - for this weekend at least.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone going to hold off on season ticket renewal until they know which division we’ll be in? Seems late March is the renewal date and nothing will be decided by then. 1901ers will have to bite the bullet as will anyone who wants to guarantee to keep their current seats I guess

Is there still a waiting list?

I am happy to renew but surely the cost is very relevant to which division we will be in

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone going to hold off on season ticket renewal until they know which division we’ll be in? Seems late March is the renewal date and nothing will be decided by then. 1901ers will have to bite the bullet as will anyone who wants to guarantee to keep their current seats I guess

I am happy to renew but surely the cost is very relevant to which division we will be in

Never have.
Never will.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I am happy to renew but surely the cost is very relevant to which division we will be in[/QUOTE]

It wasn't when we went up was it?
I don't see why it should be if we were to go down?

If we were looking unlikely to be promoted after going down, there might be a driver to reduce the price to safeguard renewals, but not until then.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I am happy to renew but surely the cost is very relevant to which division we will be in[/QUOTE]

It wasn't when we went up was it?
I don't see why it should be if we were to go down?

If we were looking unlikely to be promoted after going down, there might be a driver to reduce the price to safeguard renewals, but not until then.

As I said, I’ll renew either way but I am pretty certain plenty will waver. We went from 6k crowds not so long ago. I don’t think we have 22k hardcore and I can see thousands not being interested in Championship football next season, should it happen. Hope I’m wrong obviously

The Amex honeymoon period is well and truly over imo and who knows what the aftermath of the pandemic will be whichever division we are in.

I will be staggered if we still have 22k season ticket holders next season, regardless of division.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Again - I am hoping that the management team and squad have more resilience and belief than me. At this moment we just have the look of a relegation team. It feels nothing is going our way. If ever there was a moment for a striker to hit a rich vein of form now is the moment. It can all turn quickly - we need to stop the downward momentum as I am not sure this group of players have the grit to pull away should we get into the bottom three.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Paging [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Really can't see how villa are heavy favourites for this one. Football is so depressing at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I guess because of Newcastle’s injury problems.

I am contemplating whether it’s worth putting myself through the stress of watching it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As I said, I’ll renew either way but I am pretty certain plenty will waver. We went from 6k crowds not so long ago. I don’t think we have 22k hardcore and I can see thousands not being interested in Championship football next season, should it happen. Hope I’m wrong obviously

The Amex honeymoon period is well and truly over imo and who knows what the aftermath of the pandemic will be whichever division we are in.

I will be staggered if we still have 22k season ticket holders next season, regardless of division.

I agree with what you say, but I would expect the club to react to any drop off from season ticket holders.

Some may feel happy to lose their guaranteed seat, for the prospect of picking and choosing games next season,
Others may feel that the season ticket simply doesn't offer good value for money.

Whereas some of us will see the fact of far more home wins and more games in general as a decent offset for a lower division.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Putting aside the potential impact of the pandemic and some people getting nervous about big gatherings, the lack of VAR in the Championship could mean that relegation sees less, rather than more, waverers. There have been times during this season when I have been very relieved to have not been at games that have been over-officiated to a point where the reasons for watching football have been completely negated.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Surely we will renew long before we know if we're relegated or not so that won't be a factor in renewals.

Last year we had already renewed by early March but we've not even had renewal info yet this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here