Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Swimming on the beach

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The picture feels out of scale to me. To the left of the picture is the volleyball courts, and it looks like the olympic sized swimming pool is as wide as one of the volleyball courts.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It looks like a great idea.
A good option for those that dont like the indoor pools and being Olympic size could maybe attract some official events,charity stuff and also maybe some fun events too.
The most exciting bit I think is the link to the open water swimmers.
The pool will serve as a good middle ground to get people used to being outside and then maybe being tempted to join one of the group's they see operating from the facilities.
It's good that the open water swimmers will be based there too to give advice.
It looks like it could have the feel of a swimming club rather than just a commercial venture.
Hopefully it will be open in winter too for people who want a cold swim.
Excellent.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It looks like a great idea.
A good option for those that dont like the indoor pools and being Olympic size could maybe attract some official events,charity stuff and also maybe some fun events too.
The most exciting bit I think is the link to the open water swimmers.
The pool will serve as a good middle ground to get people used to being outside and then maybe being tempted to join one of the group's they see operating from the facilities.
It's good that the open water swimmers will be based there too to give advice.
It looks like it could have the feel of a swimming club rather than just a commercial venture.
Hopefully it will be open in winter too for people who want a cold swim.
Excellent.

The third sentence in the report says:

Brighton and Hove city council gave the green light for the heated Olympic-size pool on Wednesday.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
A great idea but HEATED! Will cost a fortune to heat. Hope they are going to use renewable energy.

They are probably going to link it to the i360 which will be converted to be a wind turbine ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here