Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster out for the rest of the season?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The official site really are little tinkers when it comes to subtly (or not so subtly) telegraphing things - the Welbeck interview mentions of Andone last week, the Webster interview earlier this week. If they put up an interview with Andrei Kanchelskis next week I think we can finally start getting excited about that one too.

Fantastic news though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Everton are one of the leading sides of headed goals from set pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Webster start in a back 3 with Dunk and White, with Veltman returning to right wing-back.

Yup. If he's fit, he plays. 100%.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On Talksport this morning.....White saying soon ..so that’ll be next week :moo:

I listened to the Webster interview.

Had to pinch myself, TS gave him a full segment.

Worth a listen to anyone that missed it.

Murphy was full of praise for us.

Webster was insightful on Potter, Dunk for England, Dunk would’ve been selected if playing for a big club, his own aspirations for the same (only when he was asked), the squad feel they should’ve achieved a higher league placing (a few home results blown were the cause), they feel they’re more than capable of breaking into the top half.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Though Webster had a great game against Leeds.
Agreed, back to his ball-carrying, ambipedal best by the closing stages of the game. Gives us a bit more balance I feel when he's on the left side of that central defensive trio.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
What's that translated into English? I assumed you meant 'staying' but that still makes no sense?
I had to read it a few times too - he means Jim White, the host, saying the feature with Webster would be "soon".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I listened to the Webster interview.

Had to pinch myself, TS gave him a full segment.

Worth a listen to anyone that missed it.

Murphy was full of praise for us.

Webster was insightful on Potter, Dunk for England, Dunk would’ve been selected if playing for a big club, his own aspirations for the same (only when he was asked), the squad feel they should’ve achieved a higher league placing (a few home results blown were the cause), they feel they’re more than capable of breaking into the top half.

Happened to be in the car when it came on. Webster spoke very well..........and agree Murphy was very positive. Bit more talk about Potter to Spurs followed (with no clear view expressed by anyone really - could work, clearly talented, maybe a bit early, not a big enough ‘name’ for Spurs, but to counter that, doing that hasn’t worked out so well).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Happened to be in the car when it came on. Webster spoke very well..........and agree Murphy was very positive. Bit more talk about Potter to Spurs followed (with no clear view expressed by anyone really - could work, clearly talented, maybe a bit early, not a big enough ‘name’ for Spurs, but to counter that, doing that hasn’t worked out so well).

The conclusion I heard was that Potter wouldn’t be a good fit at Spurs, because with the huge stadium debt, the pressure would be on for instant wins to qualify for the CL. Not a project.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here