Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster out for the rest of the season?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seem the rumour in a few places now?

How true?

(I'm guessing some kind of clarification at press conference tomorrow)

:(

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seen this on Twitter a couple of times.

Devastating if true, 3 of our best performing players out for the season is pretty terrible.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ankle ligaments are notoriously difficult to recover quickly from so not a surprise and I think he’s been a bigger miss than or as big a miss to the team as March.

His ball carrying this season is phenomenal and often turns defence into attack quicker than a through ball that bypasses a layer as it gives others time to get up with play whilst occupying the defending team as he transitions through the pitch.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
His bringing the ball out of defence, often penetrating well into the opponents half, who well organised to deal with typical midfield and forward movement, was one of the reasons I thought we did so well to pick up 10 points from 4 games.

As well as the defence suffering, he's been a huge loss to our variations in starting attacks. Him and March being absent really has been a blow.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's not good at all if true..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
11 games, four fit defenders + Karbo with Ekstraklasa (low League One) level experience and Steven Alzate, who is a midfielder.

Not fun.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ankle ligaments are notoriously difficult to recover quickly from so not a surprise and I think he’s been a bigger miss than or as big a miss to the team as March.

His ball carrying this season is phenomenal and often turns defence into attack quicker than a through ball that bypasses a layer as it gives others time to get up with play whilst occupying the defending team as he transitions through the pitch.

Yes l agree, Webster was a bit of a slow burner though for me, as he continually seemed to lose the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch in his early days with the club, he has improved so much in recent months though, and rather than being an out and out centre back, has almost transitioned into a ball carrying midfield player now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I heard he was out for the season 3 weeks ago - and posted on here. It was 50/50 if he needed an operation on here, and the same source was who told me Lamptey was out before it was public

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
11 games, four fit defenders + Karbo with Ekstraklasa (low League One) level experience and Steven Alzate, who is a midfielder.

Not fun.
Surely we should recall Bernado !!!

Absolutely ridiculous if we don't

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone free in about three weeks time who fancies playing in defence for a Premier League club? Anyone interested should apply to Mr G. Potter at the training centre in Lancing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely we should recall Bernado !!!

Absolutely ridiculous if we don't

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
Unusually for one of our players he is injured.

Can Crofts play in defence?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here