Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Top Premier League players

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Since it’s start in 92 or whenever which players would you consider a shoe in for a top representative team throughout those years. I reckon Van Dyke and De Broyne from the current crop.
What does the panel think ?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Shearer, Le Tissier, Cantona, Rio Ferdinand, Henry, Keane, Scholes, Van Dijk. Peter Schmeichel, Gerrard, Zola, Ronaldo.

Off the top of my head.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’ll put a team together when the candidates all come in...... Sol Campbell maybe ?

We’ll play 4-4-2 to keep it simple.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
P Schmeichel & Seaman GK's - none of current crop comes close.

Stam, Terry probably best centre halves... until Virgil who is probably going to be the GOAT, if he's not already.

Can't beat late 90's and 00's for strikers - Bergkamp, Henry, Cantona, Owen, Anelka, Shearer, Sheringham, Zola, Van Nistelrooy, etc! Again, none of the current crop comes close.

De Bruyne is brilliant. Could be one of the GOAT's. Lot of competition in midfield though - from Lampard, to Hazard, to Scholes and of course Ronaldo. Has more to prove yet.

Out of the current crop, notable mention for Kante who is a worldie DM.

edit: and Salah... think he will go down as one of the GOATs.

Surely Rio was better than Stam or Terry? The best defender at the '02 World Cup.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
P Schmeichel & Seaman GK's - none of current crop comes close.

Stam, Terry probably best centre halves... until Virgil who is probably going to be the GOAT, if he's not already.

Can't beat late 90's and 00's for strikers - Bergkamp, Henry, Cantona, Owen, Anelka, Shearer, Sheringham, Zola, Van Nistelrooy, etc! Again, none of the current crop comes close.

De Bruyne is brilliant. Could be one of the GOAT's. Lot of competition in midfield though - from Lampard, to Hazard, to Scholes and of course Ronaldo. Has more to prove yet.

Out of the current crop, notable mention for Kante who is a worldie DM.

edit: and Salah... think he will go down as one of the GOATs.

Surely Rio was better than Stam or Terry? The best defender at the '02 World Cup.

None of them as good as Vidic though

Best Prem XI for me would be

Cech
Neville - Vidic - VVD - Cole
Lampard - Makelele - Scholes
Ronaldo Shearer - Henry​

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Magnus Hedman

Roland Nilsson, Olof Mellberg, Victor Lindelöf-Nilsson, Erik Edman

Anders Limpar, Anders Svensson, Stefan Schwarz, Fredrik Ljungberg

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson

Easy.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Dennis Bergkamp is by far the best footballer I’ve ever seen live, and he was doing it while the opposing players could still try and cut you in half. And the weird/mad thing is, Vicente was the closest I’ve ever seen (live) to Bergkamp despite him being in the Championship (sublime touch and unparalleled protector of the football).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No shouts for Arguera yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here