Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United AWAY - 1983 Cup run

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Doing my piece for next week's programme and came across this FANTASTIC picture of the 3rd round replay from 1983.

Newcastle were all over us and ref Trelford Mills disallowed 2 goals for them. Here's Kevin Keegan having a quiet word with him after one of the decisions.

Marvellous scenes

Newcastle12.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Listened to the match on whatever BBC Brighton was back in the day. Also recorded the match on cassette (ask your Dad). I've over 1000 plus cassettes so if I start listening to them all now I might find it by 2023, year not time.
Also, line one states FA Cup Replay and yet the last line states we begun our run to Wembley at their ground. Surely the run started at the Goldstone?

Jul 7, 2003
Only game of the cup run I missed. I'm sure the highlights were shown on SportsNight so there must be a video on youtube somewhere

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Loved watching that - thanks [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION] - a real cup tie from days of old - just reminds one of what difference a clinical finisher would make! The ref didn’t do us any harm either and our long range shooting looked dangerous!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Was there what a night , proper footy

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Doing my piece for next week's programme and came across this FANTASTIC picture of the 3rd round replay from 1983.

Newcastle were all over us and ref Trelford Mills disallowed 2 goals for them. Here's Kevin Keegan having a quiet word with him after one of the decisions.

Marvellous scenes

View attachment 134712

I always really enjoy your contribution to the programme - keep up the good work!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Marvellous scenes

View attachment 134712

Textbook grizzling.

It wasn't controversial. What wold have been controversial is if he had allowed those goals to stand. It was only controversial if you can't be arsed to follow the Laws of the Game, and think you can have the self-entitlement to win however you like.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Was it this match that Wardy had a lift home on the supporters coach? I think there were less than 50 Albion fans at the match, glad I was one of them, marvellous scenes :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here