Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Are there any decent coppers in the Met?

99.9% not "criminal" but there is a clearly a huge cultural problem where others are scared to whistle blow. I have no idea about the above case, but with other two quite obviously other had suspicions.

I've never been "in trouble" with the Police but having lived up here for years, I've had multiple interactions with them.

They are generally rude and dismissive when challenged, completely institutionalised within the MET culture.

Few examples.

There was a bizarre combined sniffer dog / ticket challenge thing going on on the bridge at Clapham Junction. I very politely complained to a policeman that I'd already had my ticket checked and whatever they were attempting to do was disorganised and stopping people leaving the station. I turned around and found myself surround by 5 others.

During the pandemic I saw a man who had forgotten to put his mask on (it was in his hand) surrounded by 6 or more officers at the interchange between Waterloo East and Waterloo.

A police car chasing a kid on a moped (probably stolen) was knocked over by the chasing police car outside my place. I heard the bang / screams and went outside to look. I was instantly shouted out to get back in my property as this was now a "crime scene". "Er this is my property, I'm standing in my front garden.". I watched for a few minutes whilst they waited (laughing and joking) for the Ambulance.

A neighbour of mine was knocked over (he eventually died in hospital) and there was confusion over his identity, I knew that from a local shop who the Police had visited. Very long story, but I saw the helicopter come down and someone had described him on Twitter. He was well known locally, if not his name.

So I walked to the incident and told the Police Officers I was 99% sure who it was. I was told it was nothing to with me....

I've also seen someone arrested who was simply standing still, punched in the stomach to get them on the ground for the handcuffs. Right outside my flat in the early hours.

This is very much a MET thing, not a Police thing. They are rude, arrogant, play hard and fast with the rules and a general disrespect for the public.

And other police forces who interact with them have the same opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
99.9% not "criminal" but there is a clearly a huge cultural problem where others are scared to whistle blow. I have no idea about the above case, but with other two quite obviously other had suspicions.

I've never been "in trouble" with the Police but having lived up here for years, I've had multiple interactions with them.

They are generally rude and dismissive when challenged, completely institutionalised within the MET culture.

Few examples.

There was a bizarre combined sniffer dog / ticket challenge thing going on on the bridge at Clapham Junction. I very politely complained to a policeman that I'd already had my ticket checked and whatever they were attempting to do was disorganised and stopping people leaving the station. I turned around and found myself surround by 5 others.

During the pandemic I saw a man who had forgotten to put his mask on (it was in his hand) surrounded by 6 or more officers at the interchange between Waterloo East and Waterloo.

A police car chasing a kid on a moped (probably stolen) was knocked over by the chasing police car outside my place. I heard the bang / screams and went outside to look. I was instantly shouted out to get back in my property as this was now a "crime scene". "Er this is my property, I'm standing in my front garden.". I watched for a few minutes whilst they waited (laughing and joking) for the Ambulance.

A neighbour of mine was knocked over (he eventually died in hospital) and there was confusion over his identity, I knew that from a local shop who the Police had visited. Very long story, but I saw the helicopter come down and someone had described him on Twitter. He was well known locally, if not his name.

So I walked to the incident and told the Police Officers I was 99% sure who it was. I was told it was nothing to with me....

I've also seen someone arrested who was simply standing still, punched in the stomach to get them on the ground for the handcuffs. Right outside my flat in the early hours.

This is very much a MET thing, not a Police thing. They are rude, arrogant, play hard and fast with the rules and a general disrespect for the public.

Another one, I read today was the IOPC investigator looking into why two black athletes were stopped, handcuffed and searched for drugs, has already resigned after only 3 months.

The Met needs to be disbanded and a new force set up.
The Home Secretary needs to resign.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Another one, I read today was the IOPC investigator looking into why two black athletes were stopped, handcuffed and searched for drugs, has already resigned after only 3 months.

The Met needs to be disbanded and a new force set up.
The Home Secretary needs to resign.
Why does the Home Secretary need to resign? This crap has been going on long before they took position.
The Met does need disbanding, and a hell of a lot of people have been saying it for years. There was something deflecting any criticism though, can't remember her name or why she couldn't be criticised, but she was on your side of the political spectrum, and got thrown under a bus by a mayor also on your side of the political spectrum.
You can argue the home Secretary needs to resign for a few mental ideas the last few have had, but the Met Police shit show, that's on your watch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Few examples.

I was assaulted (shoved into the road) by a policeman in the late 70s on the Fulham Road. Then I had to spend a minute biting my tongue while he called me a **** numerous times from a distance of one inch, while his mate looked on, smirking. They were loving every second. Sadistic cowardly little bullying shits. I would like to think the Met has changed but, by the sound of it, not by anywhere near enough. I always knew they were institutionalized, but they seem to be the last refuge of 'old school' white working class culture (racist, sexist, homophobic and fearful of Different). Is it changing? Not fast enough.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why does the Home Secretary need to resign? This crap has been going on long before they took position.
The Met does need disbanding, and a hell of a lot of people have been saying it for years. There was something deflecting any criticism though, can't remember her name or why she couldn't be criticised, but she was on your side of the political spectrum, and got thrown under a bus by a mayor also on your side of the political spectrum.
You can argue the home Secretary needs to resign for a few mental ideas the last few have had, but the Met Police shit show, that's on your watch.
Er, no it isn't. The woman who was booted out is not on 'our' side of the spectrum, and was booted out by the Labour mayor much against the wishes of the tory government. My recollection was that Johnson then changed the rules so that the Mayor couldn't do that again. The buck stops with the home secretary, even moreso now than ever before. You don't really imagine that the London may has any traction with the workings of the Met, do you?

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I was assaulted (shoved into the road) by a policeman in the late 70s on the Fulham Road. Then I had to spend a minute biting my tongue while he called me a **** numerous times from a distance of one inch, while his mate looked on, smirking. They were loving every second. Sadistic cowardly little bullying shits. I would like to think the Met has changed but, by the sound of it, not by anywhere near enough. I always knew they were institutionalized, but they seem to be the last refuge of 'old school' white working class culture (racist, sexist, homophobic and fearful of Different). Is it changing? Not fast enough.
When I attended a anti Boris party gate thing during Covid christmas, I spent about 3 hours stood leaning on the barriers outside Downing Street long after the demo had finished. I was threatened with arrest if I didn't leave. They had no explanation why I would be arrested other than I was a being a public nuisance (by leaning on a barrier). There were about 20 crowd control police in front of Downing Street but behind the barriers, so I was a good 12 foot away from them with 3 lots of crowd control barriers between us.
The youngest copper there (about 22 or 23) started getting mouthy about me being there and was egged on by, it turns out, the fella in charge of that group of officers.
When I started filming the exchange, they threatened me with arrest because 'why are you filming Downing Street'. I knew where this was going, so after a few verbals walked away.
The Met Police are a disgrace, have been for years, seem to be a home for rapists and pedos and needs to be demolished and rebuilt.
Yet still no one in power, through all political sides, have ever done f*** all about it. I wonder why?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I attended a anti Boris party gate thing during Covid christmas, I spent about 3 hours stood leaning on the barriers outside Downing Street long after the demo had finished. I was threatened with arrest if I didn't leave. They had no explanation why I would be arrested other than I was a being a public nuisance (by leaning on a barrier). There were about 20 crowd control police in front of Downing Street but behind the barriers, so I was a good 12 foot away from them with 3 lots of crowd control barriers between us.
The youngest copper there (about 22 or 23) started getting mouthy about me being there and was egged on by, it turns out, the fella in charge of that group of officers.
When I started filming the exchange, they threatened me with arrest because 'why are you filming Downing Street'. I knew where this was going, so after a few verbals walked away.
The Met Police are a disgrace, have been for years, seem to be a home for rapists and pedos and needs to be demolished and rebuilt.
Yet still no one in power, through all political sides, have ever done f*** all about it. I wonder why?
Sorry to hear that. Yes, this really isn't acceptable. Historically reforming the met has been verboten. Thatcher said to every question about police behaviour: "The British police force, aren't they marvelous" and that was it. Criticize at your peril.

Rebooting institutions is always tricky. I have to say that when I started my job 37 years ago, slapping the lab tec's arse and making salty comments about ethnic minorities etc., was the norm. That all disappeared as staff turned over, society values changed and the whole culture of our institution moved on. I had a massive grin on my face when 20 years ago I met the new CEO of one of the UK's major health/research charities and found him to be an arch gay man with flamboyant piercings and tattoos. And I was impressed by the consultants who appointed him. The stuffy wanker-ocrasy seemed to have gone. And so it goes, from one institution to the next....

The Met, though....... my guess is that if Starmer has the balls to deal with it properly, the electorate will view it as pushing at an open door. But brace yourself for the push back....

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
30 years is a joke, couldn't give a fly by that he is 48. Should be life. And yes it's following the parameters etc on what can be set.
There is summat wrong with this country(the world I suppose) and it starts at the top and has seaped through to us lowly people. We are turning on each other for nothing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
30 years is a joke, couldn't give a fly by that he is 48. Should be life. And yes it's following the parameters etc on what can be set.
There is summat wrong with this country(the world I suppose) and it starts at the top and has seaped through to us lowly people. We are turning on each other for nothing.
Don't worry, he'll never be let out.

Things are the same as they ever were. A minority of arrogant psychopaths grazing on the rest of society.

The best we can do is not allow a toxic culture in our workplaces to cause the systemic malaise that facilitates the flourishing of these beasts. Big shake up in the police going forward I suspect. Slowly the swamps will be drained.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here