Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i certainly meant no point scoring, was a genuine question. we had a 39 year old lady go missing locally a few weeks ago, she was found about 4 days later, but not a peep nationally. i am not local to clapham and sarah everard has been on my tv/radio multiple times daily since. the 'instahuns' and twitterati have had sarah all over the place since that thursday (and good for them) just curious as to how they get it national/headline so easily when so many others fall by the wayside.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely it has to do with context. Very few people just disappear on their way home. I imagine in the majority of missing person cases there is something that makes it less unusual, recent events, argument with partner, family, history of similar.

Whatever, it's awful for all concerned and hope there's somehow a positive outcome.

This 100%.

There was a full scale search because see was simply walking home, she apparently had no issues in her stable life. In an urban area, there’s CCTV to help trace the route. Abduction/murder was the obvious and immediate concern.

Police spend much of their time on searches, there’ve been several extensive operations in Sussex in recent years.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i certainly meant no point scoring, was a genuine question. we had a 39 year old lady go missing locally a few weeks ago, she was found about 4 days later, but not a peep nationally. i am not local to clapham and sarah everard has been on my tv/radio multiple times daily since. the 'instahuns' and twitterati have had sarah all over the place since that thursday (and good for them) just curious as to how they get it national/headline so easily when so many others fall by the wayside.

Alison Danks ? if so , she had mental health issues and wasnt it suicide ?

Suspect this case has no real history to suggest its anything other than something sinister. Which sells more papers as less common

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

There is normally a lot of factors to this. Sometimes when missing as such there are other factors that point to the person being safe and well somewhere whether that is phones, bank being used, other factors such as family life ect. I think in Sarah’s case she was expected home a short distance away and there has been no signs she is safe and well somewhere since her last sighting.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It is extremely hard to comprehend as to why someone would commit murder in the first place, never mind someone who is paid to serve and protect us.
Odd that a women is also being held, and one would think a women would not normally help someone in hiding or being part of a murder, therefore I am speculating something like an accident in a car with one of them driving possibly under the influence and then because of his job tried to hide the crime. Never would you like to think of murder by the British police, I know it has happened in the past.

I hope she is found, and justice is served.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's odd full stop.

She came from a street not 15 minutes away from here and they were searching near a junction I often pass when walking to Abbeville Road if anyone knows the area.

People still milling around at that time of night, loads of traffic and well lit wide urban streets as someone has mentioned above.

Would have passed by a big Tescos, some smaller convenience shops and a Marks and Spencer food hall. All would have been busy as people are shopping before they close.

If "something" happened outside my road, I'd hear it as would many others.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It sounds like a horrible case.

But, if you are black, working class, unemployed, homeless, have a history of alcoholism or drug addiction, have a criminal record, brought up in care, old, a sex worker etc very few people are going to be looking for you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It is extremely hard to comprehend as to why someone would commit murder in the first place, never mind someone who is paid to serve and protect us.
Odd that a women is also being held, and one would think a women would not normally help someone in hiding or being part of a murder, therefore I am speculating something like an accident in a car with one of them driving possibly under the influence and then because of his job tried to hide the crime. Never would you like to think of murder by the British police, I know it has happened in the past.

I hope she is found, and justice is served.

Maxine Carr? Sonia Sutcliffe?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It is a strange phenomenon, it seems that some cases strike a chord and the up swell of attention is huge, all these missing people are tragedies in their own right often leaving many family members with no closure or release. I have seen so many cases like this over the years on the news, sadly after 3-5 days these usually end up badly or worse still, unresolved after many years.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

In light of this and a few comments above, I'm very local and the local response has been quite unprecedented.

Missing posters all over the place, I'd imagine placed by her friends and family.

You see the odd missing poster every now and then but clearly this wasn't a case of somebody needing some space and/or running away. They were walking home and were on the phone to their partner a few minutes before disappearance.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maxine Carr? Sonia Sutcliffe?

A massive payout by the newspapers after being sued by Sonia Sutcliffe after being accused of ‘knowing’ her husbands secrets would suggest your statement is a tad inaccurate - maybe ?
On a slightly different tack Private eye got spanked heavily initially (£600k) for accusing her of making money out of it all. The Newspapers settled privately for their accusations btw.

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
EDIT.

No, I’ll not single out individuals, but talking about a murdered goal and saying “oh, it’s only because she’s white and blonde that we’re hearing about it” is pretty low.

Have a few words with yourselves.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Did the young man who went missing in Hove over the weekend get a mention on this forum? He was found deceased yesterday, also very sad but looking like very different circumstances. It is interesting which cases catch the national eye, and which don't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here