Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sarah Everard. I pray they find her safe.

I'm sure this has made the national news but very local to me, actually a bit too close to home. Saw the search and rescue guys combing the area at the weekend.

Badly reported in the media as "went missing walking home between Clapham and Brixton", when it was actually "between the commons" in Wandsworth (near Clapham Junction) to Tulse Hill.

This afternoon, the investigation shifted gear somewhat. They cordoned off some roads near Clapham South and tonight they have arrested a serving Met Police Officer in Kent and a woman with "assisting an offender".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-flats-in-south-london?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Didn't expect that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I'm sure this has made the national news but very local to me, actually a bit too close to home. Saw the search and rescue guys combing the area at the weekend.

Badly reported in the media as "went missing walking home between Clapham and Brixton", when it was actually "between the commons" in Wandsworth (near Clapham Junction) to Tulse Hill.

This afternoon, the investigation shifted gear somewhat. They cordoned off some roads near Clapham South and tonight they have arrested a serving Met Police Officer in Kent and a woman with "assisting an offender".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-flats-in-south-london?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Didn't expect that.

Worrying

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Though I never met Sarah, as our times didn’t quite overlap, we both worked at the same design agency, so I do know loads of people who know her and are feeling this really badly. Hope she’s found, but it’s not looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Didn't expect that.

Yes, been following this too as i'm in Tulse Hill, and and my wife cycles home from CJ on that route at night.. Grim.. :down:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i hope she is found safely as well.

but what i don't understand is why she is getting such extensive coverage, who is she really or who is she connected to? people go missing all.the.time and we barey hear a peep.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

but what i don't understand is why she is getting such extensive coverage, who is she really or who is she connected to? people go missing all.the.time and we barey hear a peep.

Outside of those involved in criminal activity , do they ?

Young proffessional people that go missing must be rare.

Reminds me a it of the Claudia Lawerence case , wasnt she also from York ?

Be a miracle if found alive given the timescales

matt

Mar 19, 2007

Female + white + blonde missing persons tend to get significantly more press coverage.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
not sure what 'professional' has to do with it, but fair enough. female + white + blonde is probably the ticket.

there are just over 5,000 long term missing (gone for over a year) in england right now. i can name two or three off the top of my head, the rest we never heard of. this woman was barely missing a day and she was all over everywhere.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Jesus Christ! This is someone's daughter. How vulnerable must she be out there? I hope and pray that she is found safe and well, but I'm not remotely optimistic.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I lived overlooking the junction of Cavendish and Poynders Road where she was last seen for 2 years, up until a couple of months ago. Unsettling as never felt remotely unsafe round there. It’s a well lit and busy area.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
not sure what 'professional' has to do with it, but fair enough. female + white + blonde is probably the ticket.

there are just over 5,000 long term missing (gone for over a year) in england right now. i can name two or three off the top of my head, the rest we never heard of. this woman was barely missing a day and she was all over everywhere.

Surely it has to do with context. Very few people just disappear on their way home. I imagine in the majority of missing person cases there is something that makes it less unusual, recent events, argument with partner, family, history of similar.

Whatever, it's awful for all concerned and hope there's somehow a positive outcome.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Probably an element of it - and it being out of character. Reminds me of the girl that has gone missing round here, basically the police didn't really take it serious / investigate it because she had a 'hectic lifestyle' - when she was still missing after a week or something they properly investigated it but of course a lot of CCTV had been wiped, time loss etc..

Apparently there has been quite a few attacks on women in the area 'recently' so wouldn't surprise me if they had some idea, but made it such a big appeal to either get a reaction from the attacker or to get more info

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Surely it has to do with context. Very few people just disappear on their way home. I imagine in the majority of missing person cases there is something that makes it less unusual, recent events, argument with partner, family, history of similar.

Whatever, it's awful for all concerned and hope there's somehow a positive outcome.

exactly and certainly feels a bit unsavoury to try to turn yet another thing into a sexist / racist / precious point scoring exercise

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Met Police officer arrested according to BBC

Some very murky undertones on this one, or at least that’s the narrative the mainstream media appear to be building towards. That said, I’m conscious of reading too much into that - only a few months ago the BBC et al were hurriedly building up to the crescendo of finding the remains of Madeleine McCann; and then allowed the story to quietly fizzle out when it didn’t happen.

As others have said, I hope she is found safe and well, as unlikely as such an eventuality may be.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
exactly and certainly feels a bit unsavoury to try to turn yet another thing into a sexist / racist / precious point scoring exercise

I'm not sure there are any points to be scored here. Somebody asked why this was getting so much media attention and a possible answer to that is the profile of the missing woman. Some faces sell more newspapers or get more clicks than others. Not that that will be any help to this poor girl by the sound of it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The timeline in the OP's newspaper article says it was three days before the police took notice?

You probably don't know this but there was extensive coverage of a young man going missing locally for 5 days before his body was found in a disused flat. I'm not sure if it made the national news.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Also if she worked in a design agency she will many friends and others within her circle, and those who have been in that situation who will amplify any requests for information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here