Page 1 of 76 12341151 ... LastLast

Missing Woman in London

0 Not allowed!
    Sarah Everard. I pray they find her safe.

I'm sure this has made the national news but very local to me, actually a bit too close to home. Saw the search and rescue guys combing the area at the weekend.

Badly reported in the media as "went missing walking home between Clapham and Brixton", when it was actually "between the commons" in Wandsworth (near Clapham Junction) to Tulse Hill.

This afternoon, the investigation shifted gear somewhat. They cordoned off some roads near Clapham South and tonight they have arrested a serving Met Police Officer in Kent and a woman with "assisting an offender".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...e_iOSApp_Other

Didn't expect that.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm sure this has made the national news but very local to me, actually a bit too close to home. Saw the search and rescue guys combing the area at the weekend.

Badly reported in the media as "went missing walking home between Clapham and Brixton", when it was actually "between the commons" in Wandsworth (near Clapham Junction) to Tulse Hill.

This afternoon, the investigation shifted gear somewhat. They cordoned off some roads near Clapham South and tonight they have arrested a serving Met Police Officer in Kent and a woman with "assisting an offender".

Didn't expect that.

Worrying
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

ARE YOU THICK? It's etc not ect FFS

0 Not allowed!
      Though I never met Sarah, as our times didn’t quite overlap, we both worked at the same design agency, so I do know loads of people who know her and are feeling this really badly. Hope she’s found, but it’s not looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post

Didn't expect that.
      Yes, been following this too as i'm in Tulse Hill, and and my wife cycles home from CJ on that route at night.. Grim..
      I Know What I Like, And I Like What I See..
      It's All Blue And White....!
      Captain Of The Crew

2 Not allowed!
      i hope she is found safely as well.

but what i don't understand is why she is getting such extensive coverage, who is she really or who is she connected to? people go missing all.the.time and we barey hear a peep.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

but what i don't understand is why she is getting such extensive coverage, who is she really or who is she connected to? people go missing all.the.time and we barey hear a peep.
      Outside of those involved in criminal activity , do they ?

Young proffessional people that go missing must be rare.

Reminds me a it of the Claudia Lawerence case , wasnt she also from York ?

Be a miracle if found alive given the timescales

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

Female + white + blonde missing persons tend to get significantly more press coverage.
      Captain Of The Crew

0 Not allowed!
      not sure what 'professional' has to do with it, but fair enough. female + white + blonde is probably the ticket.

there are just over 5,000 long term missing (gone for over a year) in england right now. i can name two or three off the top of my head, the rest we never heard of. this woman was barely missing a day and she was all over everywhere.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Jesus Christ! This is someone's daughter. How vulnerable must she be out there? I hope and pray that she is found safe and well, but I'm not remotely optimistic.

0 Not allowed!
      I lived overlooking the junction of Cavendish and Poynders Road where she was last seen for 2 years, up until a couple of months ago. Unsettling as never felt remotely unsafe round there. It’s a well lit and busy area.