Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan leaves GMB.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree. I’m just irked that of all the things he’s done that should have seen him walk, this is the one that has caused it to happen.

I know exactly what you mean.

(Like Keys and Gray) in the end he thought he was untouchable, whipping himself up into a ridiculous frenzy this week. He was ‘on one’ yesterday, two hours of ranting against Markle. It’s almost as if he thought to himself today, how can I top that, so upped the ante with liar claims.

His likes and dislikes are so irrational.

Softness for Michaal Barrrymore, Thomas Markle, overall he seems quite respectful for Farage.

Unbridled dislike and mocking of Megan Markle, Gina Miller, Corbyn, Hancock, Johnson, Diane Abbott.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Shocking! I mean next will have an actress in front of a global TV audience accusing someone of being racist with no hard evidence or acknowledgment that context is important.

I know some people have no interest in MM but if you're going to comment, at least do a bit of research. The evidence is Prince Harry who actually had the conversation (and subsequently confirmed it wasn't with either the Queen or Phil the Greek). Are you saying you don't believe Prince Harry?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Shocking! I mean next will have an actress in front of a global TV audience accusing someone of being racist with no hard evidence or acknowledgment that context is important.

She lacks the intellect to know what racist actually means. The term is used so widely now that it has lost all value. There is no need to be specific just throw it around like a cheap insult, whereas its one of the most hurtful things you can say to somebody. It is deeply deeply hurtful. But It7s no different now to being called an idiot or a ****.
Still its making them loads of money at the expense of trashing his family. She isn't bothered. She trashed hers years ago, ditched her " too low profile " husband and went searching for a better catch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
James O'Brien.....who crawls out of his leafy London pad every morning and panders to the whims of the chattering classes, displaying appalling traits of intellectual snobbery, whilst trying to appear a man of the people.

Really! He makes no secret of the fact he was lucky enough to have a public school education and all that goes with it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know exactly what you mean.

(Like Keys and Gray) in the end he thought he was untouchable, whipping himself up into a ridiculous frenzy this week. He was ‘on one’ yesterday, two hours of ranting against Markle. It’s almost as if he thought to himself today, how can I top that, so upped the ante with liar claims.

His likes and dislikes are so irrational.

Softness for Michaal Barrrymore, Thomas Markle, overall he seems quite respectful for Farage.

Unbridled dislike and mocking of Megan Markle, Gina Miller, Corbyn, Hancock, Johnson, Diane Abbott.

Seems fair enough ................. so your point is?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
She lacks the intellect to know what racist actually means. The term is used so widely now that it has lost all value. There is no need to be specific just throw it around like a cheap insult, whereas its one of the most hurtful things you can say to somebody. It is deeply deeply hurtful. But It7s no different now to being called an idiot or a ****.
Still its making them loads of money at the expense of trashing his family. She isn't bothered. She trashed hers years ago, ditched her " too low profile " husband and went searching for a better catch.

:facepalm:

Are you Piers in disguise?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I take your point, but I don't think we're going to agree on this. I'm cutting Morgan some slack here - he was clearly incensed by the attack on the members and institutions of the Royal Family, he feels passionately about that and it overrode any concern he might otherwise have had for her mental health. I think a lot of viewers of the Oprah interview would feel the same as him, and draw similar conclusions.

I thought Susannah Reid articulated the mental health issue well, and I get Alex Beresford's points too. I just don't think anybody on GMB has to resign or fall out over this, and it is a shame it got personal in the end. I suspect when the dust settles Morgan will realise he was unwise to simply dismiss Harry and Meghan's mental health issues, but also I wouldn't be surprised if Susanna Reid felt similarly to Morgan that Meghan and Harry had trashed our monarchy.

Well it's an opinion but I disagree. He was incensed that a fellow member of the debate, Alex Beresford, describe Morgan's treatment of her as diabolical. His faux concern for the Royals is just there to mask the fact he hates MM, seemingly for the crime of stopping communicating with him. At every opportunity, not just with this interview, he seeks to put the knife.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yeah. Old white men are notoriously good at understanding the emotions of young BAME women

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
James O'Brien.....who crawls out of his leafy London pad every morning and panders to the whims of the chattering classes, displaying appalling traits of intellectual snobbery, whilst trying to appear a man of the people.
Don't you just hate it that so often he is right on the money?

D

Deleted member 2719

I read that without looking initially at who wrote it......... and knew who had written it without looking! At least you are consistent.

And maybe Boris and Matt just didn’t like being held to account and asked difficult questions about what they are doing wrong.

And no, I am no great fan of Morgan.

Dave please don't believe all the hype about me.

I am very aware that the media are there for that reason, do I like them?.........NO
It is a one-way street, Morgan has just found out occasionally a car will come down the one way street in the wrong direction, he crashed.

I think you will agree with me on this politics aside.

Respect and professionalism has been eroding away more than the white cliffs of Dover recently.

Morgan and Reid we're not respectful or professional when interviewing both Boris and Matt, so they rightly gave them a gentle finger and communicated with the BBC.

They reopened there communications, but the GMB learnt nothing.

Respect needs to return to this country and fast.

Yes I am old fashioned, but it's because it works.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seems fair enough ................. so your point is?

:lolol:

It depends.

There are a load of NSC’ers who thought Morgan was saintly for near enough accusing the government of killing 120,000 people with CV19. “Why didn’t we shut up shop for a year like New Zealand?”

But they would’ve avoided him like the plague when he spent 4 years mocking “Remoaners”, “bad losers”, Gina Miller and Labour’s chaotic EU position.

Vice versa, many no doubt enjoyed his mocking of Remoaners, but avoided his daily CV19 rants.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For better or worse, PM was the only thing worth watching on ITV all morning. Otherwise was (and will now be) wall-to-wall dross all the way up to the ITV lunchtime news. Lorraine anyone?

I might be old school but I don't want my news reporting to entertaining! I want it to be objective and informative and Morgan falls short on those two criteria all too frequently.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
:facepalm:

Are you Piers in disguise?

Trisha was bang on the money, why do people like Piers Morgan and some people on this thread feel they are qualified to talk about racism? They probably haven't experienced or been victims of racism or discrimination, they just reiterate the same ignorance from where it is born out of.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol:

It depends.

There are a load of NSC’ers who thought Morgan was saintly for near enough accusing the government of killing 120,000 people with CV19. “Why didn’t we shut up shop for a year like New Zealand?”

But they would’ve avoided him like the plague when he spent 4 years mocking “Remoaners”, “bad losers”, Gina Miller and Labour’s chaotic EU position.

Vice versa, many no doubt enjoyed his mocking of Remoaners, but avoided his daily CV19 rants.

In my opinion he's a horrible dead girl's phone-hacking scumbag. I don't care about his politics or covid standpoint. The bloke's just a clickbait chasing wrong 'un.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In my opinion he's a horrible dead girl's phone-hacking scumbag. I don't care about his politics or covid standpoint. The bloke's just a clickbait chasing wrong 'un.

I’m pleased you’ve mentioned that.

In NSC phone hacking discussions everyone always talks about NOTW/The Sun. I loath Murdoch btw.

But The Mirror Group were equally disgusting and disgraceful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here