Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan leaves GMB.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Never forgiven the piece of filth for this.
aff560730ce088eeafbfdbba4c7d6631.jpg

He has the blood of British service personnel on his hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This mate, I got launched from James Kirtley’s (Cricketer for those that don’t know) benefit year launch lunch where he was the after dinner speaker, I gave him a piece of my mind and then some about this, and was carried quite literally to the kerb by two of his security! Apparently a small mention of this incident happens to appear in in one of his shitty books.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If only this meant he wasn't on our screens anymore..... Not only a dreadful record re integrity, truthfulness, fact checking as a journalist/editor, also comes across as an malodorous, narcissistic, toad on screen. Please let this be the end of him. Of course, like others similar, some people find him "a character". The modern world eh.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It just seems sad that in a free country with free speech a bloke voices an opinion on a matter (which is shared with a sizeable chunk of the British population, incidentally - judging by the polls) and is out of a job within hours.

I'm not a fan of his but it is crucial in a fully functioning democracy to have robust debate, differing points of view and opinions scrutinised and challenged. In his own way Morgan fulfilled this function well - sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't - and it is disappointing that - inevitably - someone of character will be replaced by someone of blandness.

first, he abused his prominent platform to berate someone without any reply, sounding off his opinion in a supposed news programme. second, he's left rather than face the music of an Ofcom investigation, having been put in his place a few hours before by the weatherman.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Had to happen. To sit on national television as a presenter and accuse someone of being a liar, without evidence, over such a serious issue is astonishing.

But someone else will give him a job. Folk love watching this bile.

Shocking! I mean next will have an actress in front of a global TV audience accusing someone of being racist with no hard evidence or acknowledgment that context is important.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Coming soon to Fox News UK

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Publicity stunt.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Even worse, he's going to be back more rabid than ever....

This from James O'Brien " I have no idea whether or not looming TV channels from Rupert Murdoch and Andrew Neil intend to ape Fox News. But, it will be interesting to see how they react to the sudden availability of the highest profile Trump-loving, Meghan hating, " anti-woke " warrior in the land ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
first, he abused his prominent platform to berate someone without any reply, sounding off his opinion in a supposed news programme. second, he's left rather than face the music of an Ofcom investigation, having been put in his place a few hours before by the weatherman.

Moron's charge sheet is long and very dirty, you only need to look up " Viglen " and the ongoing phone hacking scandal... yet he still gets employed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Beat me to it!

The disrespect he showed Boris And Matt was just out of control, he just trolled them and abused them.

His number was well and truly up.

Sticky Hilary in his place, he speak sense and doesn't shout.

Sack the palace girl as she was just as bad.

I read that without looking initially at who wrote it......... and knew who had written it without looking! At least you are consistent.

And maybe Boris and Matt just didn’t like being held to account and asked difficult questions about what they are doing wrong.

And no, I am no great fan of Morgan.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

This from James O'Brien " I have no idea whether or not looming TV channels from Rupert Murdoch and Andrew Neil intend to ape Fox News. But, it will be interesting to see how they react to the sudden availability of the highest profile Trump-loving, Meghan hating, " anti-woke " warrior in the land ?

Question is will he get on board with pretending the government is doing a good job that the Murdoch puppets have to sign up to ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I think that his points were robustly countered by Susannah Reid, Alex Beresford, Chris Ship and Shola Mos-Shogbamimu, so there was balance. It made for very good TV. I wouldn't say he was put in his place by the weatherman, I saw two people with equally valid perceptions having a frank exchange.

I think it's a dangerous thing if people cannot express their opinions. Morgan said he thought Meghan was lying, 41,000 people complained because they didn't like what they were hearing and now he's gone. There is a possibility he might be right (she is an actress after all) just as it is equally possible she was telling the truth.

I'm not going to defend him for quitting in the manner in which he did, although I think the GMB gig had long run its course and he's clearly rubbed his colleagues up the wrong way over a long period of time. It will be interesting to see how the ratings for that show go, and how they feel about that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Question is will he get on board with pretending the government is doing a good job that the Murdoch puppets have to sign up to ?

Everyone has their price.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

James O'Brien.....who crawls out of his leafy London pad every morning and panders to the whims of the chattering classes, displaying appalling traits of intellectual snobbery, whilst trying to appear a man of the people.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Shocking! I mean next will have an actress in front of a global TV audience accusing someone of being racist with no hard evidence or acknowledgment that context is important.

The evidence that was offered was that of witness. It, of course, needs another side of the story.

Morgan, however, offered a wild and assumptive narrative. The issue here is his role and whether he is fit for purpose. In my view he is not.

This is not to stifle debate but to suggest that it is not his job to influence but to open up reasoned discourse. The other issue is the sensitivities around the subject.

Morgan is part of wider and erosive problem in modern media. He is a poor presenter and a corrupt journalist. He is not alone.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Or a footballer claiming that another player said, “you’re black and you smell”

In any case, wasn’t it Harry that claims to have had the colour of Archie’s skin brought up in conversation?

I don’t understand how or why anyone would think that it’s unbelievable for a Royal and/or a member of their staff to be racist, consciously or otherwise. Plenty appear to believe that a footballer can be.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The bully has gone.

It’s a funny thing, people thought of him as a hero when he attacked Hancock and Boris, but despicable when he attacked Megan Markle, Corbyn, Diane Abbott or Remoaners (his repeated term).

Great entertainment, but his style of shouting over interviewees with his long monologues, wasn’t journalism or interviewing.

His gutter press DNA shone through.
I agree. I’m just irked that of all the things he’s done that should have seen him walk, this is the one that has caused it to happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here