Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 100 years ago

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Goldstone1921.jpg

They're clearly NOT impressed by playing out from the back !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do like a hat.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Fairly impressive female representation too.

Had the FA destroyed women's football by this date? I know it was in 1921 they got banned from FA football pitches due to the crime of being more popular than men at the time.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Hang on, have they got gottles of geer?

AA315C88-EA19-4DD1-BFB6-502C649B4702.jpeg

Oh, no, it’s ok. Someone’s removed the bottle caps.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
That Bristol Rovers fan in the home end was taking the piss a bit shirley? ???

I seem to recall that this has been posted before, and it was explained that the guy holding the Bristol Rovers sign was holding it to show which game the photo was being taken at.

Aside from that though, would there have been a separate area for away fans at that point? I was under the impression that was brought in later.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I seem to recall that this has been posted before, and it was explained that the guy holding the Bristol Rovers sign was holding it to show which game the photo was being taken at.

Aside from that though, would there have been a separate area for away fans at that point? I was under the impression that was brought in later.

In 1921, I would think that the average away support would have been near to 0.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
In 1921, I would think that the average away support would have been near to 0.

No idea how many Bristol Rovers fans might have attended that game in particular (and I'm sure it would have been a very small number), but people definitely went to away games at that point, even if not in large numbers.

A quick google suggests that separate away ends became regular in the late 1960s.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If that is 1921 v Bristol Rovers, Brighton won 3-1 with goals from Ted Rodgerson (2) and Fred Groves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here