Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Posters that you might know on here but have no idea

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
After having some really amazing support on this board just got me thinking back to when I went to the Goldstone back in the 80s and 90s

Late 80s used to be in the North stand with all my Hove Park school mates and May Tree Pub Drinkers

Then early 90s when I worked at Lumley and Hunt used to meet up with a top man called Phil and his boy they worked for a building firm that used to come into Lumleys we used to stand right in the far corner of the north close to the north west

Always wondered who posts on here that I know from the past but have no clue they post on here

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
After having some really amazing support on this board just got me thinking back to when I went to the Goldstone back in the 80s and 90s

Late 80s used to be in the North stand with all my Hove Park school mates and May Tree Pub Drinkers

Then early 90s when I worked at Lumley and Hunt used to meet up with a top man called Phil and his boy they worked for a building firm that used to come into Lumleys we used to stand right in the far corner of the north close to the north west

Always wondered who posts on here that I know from the past but have no clue they post on here
My late Uncle Geoff used to work in Lumley and Hunt, possibly before your time, and, a family relative, Adrian Thorne used to play on the Wing for the Albion.... Famously scoring 5 goals in a match once... Could do with him now!

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
My late Uncle Geoff used to work in Lumley and Hunt, possibly before your time, and, a family relative, Adrian Thorne used to play on the Wing for the Albion.... Famously scoring 5 goals in a match once... Could do with him now!

I worked Their 1988-1993 what was his surname if you don’t mind me asking

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:bigwave:

Can remember taking Abdul and going back to his restaurants for free beer and curry with Holland and the Moog and a few others

Abdul a name from the past think he was in your class at school mate

Yep. His parents ran Curry Mahal. Always used to get a big portion (oo err) and extra papadums.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
He was Geoff Thorne.

Did he work at the one at 123-129 where Sainsburys is now (the old kitchen showroom )

I remember a Geoff working in that one. I was based at the Trade Counter further along the road at 333 I think on the same trading estate as phillips newman

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did he work at the one at 123-129 where Sainsburys is now (the old kitchen showroom )

I remember a Geoff working in that one. I was based at the Trade Counter further along the road at 333 I think on the same trading estate as phillips newman

I'm not sure as I'm not local but I think it was the plumbing department and I'm pretty sure it was Hove, possibly Lansdown Road he would have been close to retirement about the time you were there.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I'm not sure as I'm not local but I think it was the plumbing department and I'm pretty sure it was Hove, possibly Lansdown Road he would have been close to retirement about the time you were there.

Sounds like he worked in the showroom in Portland Road .Its the building where Sainsburys is now. I worked at the trade counter further along Portland Road close to Train Station

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I do wonder how many people on here might be arguing or laughing along with school friends, neighbours, colleagues and have absolutely no idea

On a level down from that, if you've been going to games home and away for years on end, there are probably 100's of people you "vaguely know", (conversations on trains, or randomly struck up a chat when seated together at an away ground, or people you've never exchanged a word with, but you just nod to as you've seen them at so many games). This particularly applies if you date back to the Withdean or Gillingham years ... far fewer of us then

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like he worked in the showroom in Portland Road .Its the building where Sainsburys is now. I worked at the trade counter further along Portland Road close to Train Station

Now you mention it yes ! Portland Road now rings a large bell !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do wonder how many people on here might be arguing or laughing along with school friends, neighbours, colleagues and have absolutely no idea

On a level down from that, if you've been going to games home and away for years on end, there are probably 100's of people you "vaguely know", (conversations on trains, or randomly struck up a chat when seated together at an away ground, or people you've never exchanged a word with, but you just nod to as you've seen them at so many games). This particularly applies if you date back to the Withdean or Gillingham years ... far fewer of us then

Yep. I discovered last year that I knew Fignon's Ponytail, some years after he'd first appeared on NSC.

I've met a few random people at away matches who were on here as well. It's a strange community in a way; we gossip, we joke, we bicker as if we're old friends and yet 99% of us have never met.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have no idea who anybody is on here.

I am not even sure who I am.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cant be 100 per cent sure but I am sure Geoff used to run the shop kitchen plumbing part with the office being on the top floor he boss was Jon Collyer I think

Sounds about right from my shaky memory, bless him he was my favourite Uncle, he served as RAF ground crew for a Hurricane squadron based for a while in Tangmere then as the war progressed his squadron embarked for southern Italy and moved north, Never had time for Spitfires... " The Hurrie's did all the hard work while the Spit's chased glory " he used to say.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I went to St Andrew's School in Worthing between 1981 and 1985. Anyone else?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I visited Lumleys regularly from mid 80s to mid 90s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here