Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] "This is a private road sunshine, it belongs to Horsham District Council"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is it with Northerners being so completely out of touch with reality?

[tweet]1367894795616743430[/tweet]

It's always nice to see the "anti-social grandpa" as he's been dubbed online, get done over by some kids armed with basic facts. Also good to see it isn't just cyclists who get the 'you don't pay to ride on roads' treatment. When I say good, obviously I mean incredibly boring and incorrect...

Perhaps most bizarrely the man argues: "It is a private road sunshine it belongs to Horsham District Council" and that cyclists aren't allowed on the road either. Right on cue two cyclists roll past the man's front door...

Prominent transport journalist Carlton Reid shared the video commenting: "Anti-social grandpa wrong on everything in this vid, including the fact a car licence pays for road use. Good on the socially responsible kids."

Mark Treasure came forward to say he'd had a run in with this man too and that in his case he was upset about him riding on the roads. Have a read of the other baffling interaction...

[tweet]1368151198755418112[/tweet]

:lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"I don't pay my council tax so just anyone can come round here, don't ya know?"

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
This video is over 7 years old but it's only just gone viral, strangely. The very polite kids in it will be in their 20s by now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wxYBpm6Tk

What an absolute weapons grade bell end this man is.. He represents just about every element of the term 'opinionated old *******'

I bet he has a picture of Nigel Farage on his bedside cabinet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably the only thing he had to worry about at the time constantly looking out of his window

Opposite my parent's house is a small cul-de-sac. It is NOT a private road, but the people who live there like to pretend it is.

I sometimes have to park my car on their road. Of the 6 houses on that road, at least 4 are endless curtain twitchers who just stare disapprovingly at you for existing. I should feel sorry for how ludicrously empty their lives must be.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Opposite my parent's house is a small cul-de-sac. It is NOT a private road, but the people who live there like to pretend it is.

I sometimes have to park my car on their road. Of the 6 houses on that road, at least 4 are endless curtain twitchers who just stare disapprovingly at you for existing. I should feel sorry for how ludicrously empty their lives must be.

The country is full of people who are convinced that they own the road outside of their house and that the kerb adjacent to their driveway is their personal parking space. I have had a few less-than-complimentary notes placed under my wiper, or even stuck to the windscreen, telling me that I have parked in someone's space - and usually they have a ****-off great driveway with room for 2-3 cars.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The country is full of people who are convinced that they own the road outside of their house and that the kerb adjacent to their driveway is their personal parking space. I have had a few less-than-complimentary notes placed under my wiper, or even stuck to the windscreen, telling me that I have parked in someone's space - and usually they have a ****-off great driveway with room for 2-3 cars.

I genuinely do everything I can to not park too close to driveways or right outside houses or anything like that. Still get death stares though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a miserable curtain twitcher, who can’t stand the sound of skateboards interrupting his listening to The Archers.

It happened in our street when my son was 12. The one time he and his friend tried out skateboards, an old bloke who moaned about everything came out and tried to trick them into not skateboarding near his home.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Whilst he is wrong in what he is saying factually, kids on skateboards going up and down outside your house can be very loud and annoying.

Is there no skatepark they can use?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

When we could still park in Coldean, in the early Amex years, we parked,quite legally on the road there. An old lady came out of the house we parked outside and said “ You’re football, aren’t you? You can’t park there, if you’re football.” I politely asked why we couldn’t park there, and if her husband parked his car there., if so , we’d move.No , she said, we don’t have a car, I just don’t want you parked outside my house, if you’re football.

Our car remained there, and we tried to park there every game after.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Just wave and blow kisses to them. Curtain twitchers are rarely very brave.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Just a miserable curtain twitcher, who can’t stand the sound of skateboards interrupting his listening to The Archers.

It happened in our street when my son was 12. The one time he and his friend tried out skateboards, an old bloke who moaned about everything came out and tried to trick them into not skateboarding near his home.

My kids had the same but this was a young married couple, the man actually threw my sons skateboard across the road, I had to remind him that he had moved to an estate where there are a lot of kids playing in the cul de sac, but got a load of mouth back....anyway skip on 14 years, my kids have grown up and gone but whose kids are playing on skateboards outside my house ??

I like to see kids playing outside,so I got out my old board and showed them some half arsed tricks I could still just about pull off at 55...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here