Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Census 2021

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
4th one I’ve completed but the first one on line, very pleased to see questions about mental health issues, hopefully it’s just not lip service and by the next one in 2031 they will have all but removed the stigma around the condition.

Didn’t see the Jedi Knights get a specific mention, I thought they’d qualified as a religion after the last one? 😂

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think its safe to say Jedi will not be formally recognised as a religion. doesnt stop us writing it in, gets tracked and reported :thumbsup:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I reckon the whole star wars thing has fallen away in the last 10 ten years after some mediocre films.

More likely game of thrones references, around the old gods or the new gods, even then, 5 years ago this would have gained tonnes more traction.

Don't think there's a huge cultural phenomenon at the moment. Might just have to be sensible

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Didn’t see the Jedi Knights get a specific mention, I thought they’d qualified as a religion after the last one?

Disappointing.

With the odd exception, they're a force for good.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
"Hilarious" as the Jedi thing is, it's probably more constructive for those of us who aren't religious to tick the box saying so.

There's a real possibility that, as a country, we assume more people have a faith of some kind than is actually the case. It would be useful for the government to have a more accurate view of how many people don't buy into any kind of religion.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
"Hilarious" as the Jedi thing is, it's probably more constructive for those of us who aren't religious to tick the box saying so.

There's a real possibility that, as a country, we assume more people have a faith of some kind than is actually the case. It would be useful for the government to have a more accurate view of how many people don't buy into any kind of religion.

And equally for them to realise how many people see themselves as being fundamentally European and therefore wondering how the government can remove this from them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is there a team Kate, team Meghan question?

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] will be disappointed if there’s not.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
It's the "are you male or female" question that is causing the controversy this time round isn't it?

As ever, the 'I'm deliberately going to answer the questions wrong' voices are starting up - proud in their belief that they're really sticking it to the man, man.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
And equally for them to realise how many people see themselves as being fundamentally European and therefore wondering how the government can remove this from them.
Anyone who disapproves of nation states can put "European" as they have been able to since censuses began. Though "Citizen of the World" would surely be better - why make the objection to the UK but choose to inset and artificial border that treats some Turks and Russians as fellow citizens and others as not?

If people see themselves as fundamentally citizens of the EU, that's a different matter. The two should be distinguished.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I like my identity as an Englishman who is proud of my European heritage.

That is nothing to do with the EU which is a political body only.

My lineage cannot be removed.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's the "are you male or female" question that is causing the controversy this time round isn't it?

As ever, the 'I'm deliberately going to answer the questions wrong' voices are starting up - proud in their belief that they're really sticking it to the man, man.

Had the conversation with Amy as we filled it out, it mentioned both hetrosexual and same sex relationships but then had an 'other' section, I wondered what that could have meant?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Had the conversation with Amy as we filled it out, it mentioned both hetrosexual and same sex relationships but then had an 'other' section, I wondered what that could have meant?

Pansexual? Asexual? Just guessing like as I've not looked at it yet. Not quite sure why sexuality has any import or relevance whatsoever.

I read my notification that it had to be filled in on or after 21 March; didn't realise you could do it now. I'd better get on with it or I'll forget. Thanks for the heads-up.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
4th one I’ve completed but the first one on line, very pleased to see questions about mental health issues, hopefully it’s just not lip service and by the next one in 2031 they will have all but removed the stigma around the condition.

Didn’t see the Jedi Knights get a specific mention, I thought they’d qualified as a religion after the last one? [emoji23]

You’re not supposed to complete it until 21st March.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You’re not supposed to complete it until 21st March.

Ooops. It shouldn't have accepted it really. I've just sent mine !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Naturally, I chose the 'Potter in' option.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

If you put English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish or British, you are by default, European because all those countries / areas reside on the continent of Europe. I do suspect you're actually trying to make a different point rather than being European though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pansexual? Asexual? Just guessing like as I've not looked at it yet. Not quite sure why sexuality has any import or relevance whatsoever.

You missed off bi-sexual. It's to ensure that services provided by the government and local government cater for all people .... well, that's the idea !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here