Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Call me old fashioned....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Glad I missed that. We are living through a strange period of over- balancing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Outrageous!!!!

If they’re in the studio, who the **** is making the post game supper?

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Doesn’t really justify it for me. Shape of things to come.

Next thing they’ll be wearing motties sheepskin and Brian Moore’s ears. Isn’t there a Hugh Johns, Barry Davies or Gerald sinstadt
that could save us from this politically correctness.

As I say. Disappearing up its own backside.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If they wanted to celebrate International Women’s Day then why not show a women’s football match instead of this one?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I didn't see the panel, so I'm firing off a wild guess here, but was every member of the team reasonably easy on the eye? Any grey hair? Thought not.

It's a joke. Male summarisers don't have to be any particular age or even particularly presentable - remember Lawro when he was on the box? But all the women they have on are unfeasibly youthful and good-looking. Don't ugly or even plain women play football?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Did they make fools of themselves by not knowing what the hell they were talking about, after all, that is what they are there for.
If they did then fair enough.
Still as long as the did the washing up and ironing after the show then it would not have been a total waste of time after all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if said females were deep faked into a male form and given deep voices whether so many folk would notice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does it matter ? How well did they do the job ?

I guess it does because it’s sexist ironically - the featured match should include at least one man given the game is played by 22 men and managed by men. However, Football has disappeared up its backside as others have already said. Personally I prefer to listen to the opinions of people who’ve been there and done it, as opposed to someone who’s never played in front a sizeable crowd or achieved the standard of men’s non league. It takes time for this to build up and yet suddenly it’s ok to get rid of all the men, especially white, from our screens despite many being able and having more credibility from their playing days.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No creditably for a start. Pardon my ignorance but have they played at the highest standard in the appropriate Premier League.

I might start forging a career in Netball commentary. Let’s face it not difficult!

You don't have to have played at the highest level to understand the game.

I like football but don't know it as well as cricket, a game I've played and watched for 40 years.

Often a pundit will be of an opinion that I disagree with. Often I will be proved right. It's an example of how understanding comes in different forms. Some of the best writers about football never played themselves. Experience of playing doesn't always mean superiority in understanding.

Some of the best footie managers never played at a very high level.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More importantly, was a sufficient percentage of them BAME or LGBT? There are social niceties to be met, you know......and probably targets.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I guess it does because it’s sexist ironically - the featured match should include at least one man given the game is played by 22 men and managed by men. However, Football has disappeared up its backside as others have already said. Personally I prefer to listen to the opinions of people who’ve been there and done it, as opposed to someone who’s never played in front a sizeable crowd or achieved the standard of men’s non league. It takes time for this to build up and yet suddenly it’s ok to get rid of all the men, especially white, from our screens despite many being able and having more credibility from their playing days.

Yet we never complained when male commentators and pundits were regularly used in female sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here