Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team to pick up points **NOT Predict Potters picks

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
With 2 winnable games ahead, what would your team be to pick up much needed points?

For me I’d try this:

———————————Sanchez——————————-
Veltman————White—————-Dunk———-——Burn
———————————Bissouma——————————
————-Groß———————————Mac Allister———
———————————Lallana———————————-
———————-Welbeck————Maupay———————

Subs.
Walton
Karbowicz
Moder
Pröpper
Izquierdo
Trossard
Tau
Zeqiri
Andone

DH12

Jan 7, 2016
Southsea
Bob Sanch

Veltman
Dunk
White
Burn

Bissouma
Gross
Mac Allister

Lallana

Welbeck
Maupay

Subs from:
Walton
Karbownik
Alzate
Propper (needs more minutes to help us control the phases of games when we might start to shit ourselves)
Tau
Izquirdo (needs 20 mins-ideal on the counter when the oppo are pressing)
Trossard (not sold on him)
Zeqiri (needs 20 mins)
Moder
Caicedo
Jahanbaksh
ANDONE (Get him back in ASAP)

I can't wait to have Webster back. Unbelievable how much we've missed his presence and ability to drive with the ball.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
GK Sanchez

CB- Dunk
CB- White
CB- Veltman

LWB- Alzate
RWB- Karbownik

CM- Gross
CM- Bissouma

AM- Macallister
AM- Lallana

ST- Maupay

Subs:
Kuipers
Mayo
Butters
Hammond
Revell
Cox
Whing
Turienzo
Robinson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same as against Leicester. Really liked the Maupay - Lallana striker duo experiment and want more of that. Wouldnt mind dropping Trossard for some other creative winger-esque left flank player but as there are none I will just have to pray Trossard got one of his good days.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
8F89E31E-A3F5-424E-AEFB-8740B3F1C3D2.jpeg

I’ll go along with this. Crooks certainly knows his stuff. :whistle:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Difficult because unlike last 3 games can only name Sanchez White Dunk and Veltman as bang on certs. Good to have chance of own opinion rather then a Potter guess. We are in the poo and no time to experiment. A small selection of players needed to get us out of it. Unfortunately Burn will have to play and will have to be back 4 because cant play him as wingback. Karpow has to be on bench in case we are leading and under pressure so White can be pushed into midfield. Shame to leave McCalister out but him and Lalana fill same position. If we get to win or bust have to be forward replacing Gross or Propper
Sanchez
Veltman White Dunk Burn
Gross Bissouma Propper
Lalana Trossard
Maupay

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
-----------------Sanchez
-----Veltman White Dunk Burn
Gross Moder Bissouma Trossard
------------Lallana Maupay

Similar team. Except .....

Moder in the team. We're conceding too often from set pieces and a bit more height may help (but probably won't)

I'm giving Lallana the crook after 55 mins in every game. Zeqiri if we need a goal Ali Mac if we're defending a lead

Trossard is getting the crook after 45 mins if he's not on it. Karbo next in line

That front two is definitely worth another go. I'm not persisting with Wellbeck, or Alzate or Ali J at the moment.

4-4-2 is the way to go without Lamptey or March

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Tweaks rather than wholesale changes for me - keep the faith and the results will come. Whatever people's personal opinion on xG and the like, when the difference between statistical performance and actual results is so MASSIVE, there has to be some form of reversion to the mean soon, SURELY?!

There were some really promising signs of understanding and interplay between Lallana and Maupay against Leicester, so I'd give that a chance to develop further. Tross drops to the bench for me - he had some great impact from the bench in the past and sitting out the first hour might sharpen him up (and fresh legs against tired defenders might make him more effective than of late).

I really want Karbo to be the answer to the Solly problem - this armchair manager hasn't seen him in training (obvs), but worth a go in this hypothetical situation I feel. An injection of pace and youthful exuberance can only help...

Subs would depend on game situation, but I'd favour giving Zeqiri a chance over Welbeck and I'd like to see Moder get some minutes too (or Alzate get a shot in midfield rather than wingback)

Sanchez

White - Dunk - Burn

Veltman -- Groß - Bissouma -- Karbo

Mac Allister - Lallana
Maupay

Subs:
Walton; Moder; Welbeck; Pröpper; Izquierdo; Trossard; Alzate; Zeqiri; Andone​

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Proper is the forgotten man, he is experienced, has done well in the past, but is a bit of a liability for the misplaced pass. On balance though is a reasonable midfield option in place of Gross.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Proper is the forgotten man, he is experienced, has done well in the past, but is a bit of a liability for the misplaced pass. On balance though is a reasonable midfield option in place of Gross.

Does seem weird that Propper hasn't had more of a chance, I thought he would be the perfect "Potter player" when GP came in. Gross hasn't done too much wrong in recent games though, he hasn't set the world alight but no-one else has either to be fair.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does seem weird that Propper hasn't had more of a chance, I thought he would be the perfect "Potter player" when GP came in. Gross hasn't done too much wrong in recent games though, he hasn't set the world alight but no-one else has either to be fair.

If he can stay fit for more than two weeks at a time I think he has a good chance of playing quite a bit until the end of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here