Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be in the bottom 3 by the next time we play?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone would think that we’ve already been relegated by reading this board! But we’ve not been in the bottom 3 under Potter’s tenure (and only for a week under CH).

Will Fulham be ahead of us and Newcastle out of our reach by the time we kick off against Southampton on Sunday?

I mention Newcastle because from reading a lot of responses on NSC, it seems that they are the form team, not one riddled with park-the-bus tactics, in-fighting and injury to their best attacking players.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t think so. I also don’t think we’re down yet.

A lot of points still to play for. That said we’ve left ourselves a lot of work to do now and we’re going to need other teams to help out. Starting with Villa at Newcastle next week.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Anyone would think that we’ve already been relegated by reading this board! But we’ve not been in the bottom 3 under Potter’s tenure (and only for a week under CH).

Will Fulham be ahead of us and Newcastle out of our reach by the time we kick off against Southampton on Sunday?

I mention Newcastle because from reading a lot of responses on NSC, it seems that they are the form team, not one riddled with park-the-bus tactics, in-fighting and injury to their best attacking players.
Fulham would have to draw or beat Man City. I don't think it is very likely we Will be in the relegation zone. Long term though might be a different matter.

Every season in the Premier League we have won 9 games. To reach that we need to win 4 in 11 games. We have only won 5 games this season. We only won 5 in 2020. Something has to change for us to survive, so lets hope it starts on sunday.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Always remember ... if we do drop into the bottom 3, it's still perfectly possible that we climb back out of it.

I can imagine a situation where Fulham do climb out and then find the pressure of being the chased as opposed to the chaser is much greater.

Twists and turns to come

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I can't see Fulham beating City but of course anything is possible. We have to not worry about it and turn up against Saints. We can pull away from the bottom 3 and also drag them a little nearer to us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Fully expect City to beat Fulham, so no.

& if we have any chance of staying up its 4 points minimum from our next 2. If we do that & are on 30 points its a race between us, fulham, and Newcastle to get to a safety mark around 38 points in the final 9 games. All to play for. If we get 2 of less points from Southampton and Newcastle then I just cant see where the points are going to come from.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, bottom 3 with 2 games in hand.

The Southampton game is now HUGE. But not as HUGE as the next one v Newcastle.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We very simply need to get 4 points from Southampton and Newcastle. If we don't, then I believe we will be relegated and I think it will be deserved. We are a joke at home and the lack of fans is a massive benefit to the manager who isn't feeling the type of pressure that he otherwise would be.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yup losing our core defensive players has been a massive blow to how we attack too really crippled us

This is another reason why I cant side with the 'Potter out' gang. We havent had a clinical striker all season, thats obviously been analyzed to death, but at least we were not conceding too many. But to then take lamptey, March and Webster out of the team means we're in trouble at both ends of the pitch. Potter cant be blamed for those injuries, or the club not being able to spend another £30million on a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here