Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goalkeepers as a "fine margin" of avoiding relegation

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Burnley - Pope
Newcastle - Dubravka/Darlow
Fulham - Areola

All of them get their teams decent amount of points this season.
With all respect for Sanchez and earlier Ryan I don't remember any games they won for us, except Sanchez amazing performances vs. Burnley (and it was just a draw anyway).

Of course Sanchez is an amazing talent but I'm affraid every game from now he has to be exceptional and can not make any more mistakes like in game with Leicester. He is still so young and pressure will be enormous

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Plenty of other positions / players I'd be looking at to step up before I get to our current goalkeeper, to be honest.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m more concerned by the lack of a proper LB or LWB, the absence of Webster, the lack of a goal threat, the inability to hold a lead or our distinct lack of something that could vaguely represent a plan B.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Plenty of other positions / players I'd be looking at to step up before I get to our current goalkeeper, to be honest.

It is why keepers have to brought on slowly.......... though. Let’s face it their mistakes are magnified and that’s why young uns need time..... agree with you though as to where there are bigger problems.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
How many games has Sanchez played this season ?

I think a fair percentage of them have been clean sheets and he was the difference between drawing and losing at Fulham.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The goalkeeper is the last position I'd be concerned about. He has performed really well. Every other player on the pitch can make a multitude of errors throughout the game that cost us points. Forget him missing the ball what about the player being unmarked in the 6 yard box?

He will learn from it but some need to learn more than him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Burnley - Pope
Fulham - Areola

With all respect for Sanchez and earlier Ryan I don't remember any games they won for us, except Sanchez amazing performances vs. Burnley (and it was just a draw anyway).

Of course Sanchez is an amazing talent but I'm affraid every game from now he has to be exceptional and can not make any more mistakes like in game with Leicester. He is still so young and pressure will be enormous

Sanchez made quite a few key saves I think. Have to analyse each game to give time stamps, but certain he’s gained us points and kept us in games. Obviously the save yesterday (ignoring the error just talking saves), at least 2 key saves vs Fulham. Save home to Wolves. And some heroic keeping at Anfield, notably when he came to claim the ball in the 90th minute.

Plus how many clean sheets? Fairly certain he’s earned us points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sanchez made quite a few key saves I think. Have to analyse each game to give time stamps, but certain he’s gained us points and kept us in games. Obviously the save yesterday (ignoring the error just talking saves), at least 2 key saves vs Fulham. Save home to Wolves. And some heroic keeping at Anfield, notably when he came to claim the ball in the 90th minute.

Plus how many clean sheets? Fairly certain he’s earned us points.

Very much this. It was only a couple of weeks ago most people were banging on about how he was the main reason for our new year turnaround. Just one mistake later an we have threads like this.

If he carries on just as he has been, between the sticks we will be just fine.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Burnley - Pope
Fulham - Areola

Find it difficult to recall how many games our strikers have won for us this season tbh ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here