Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich City and Teemu Pukki.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Does anyone actually know did the club consider or even put in an inquiry for Pukki who now has 20 goals to his name so far the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Weekday 17:15, BBC1 - Pointless

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Pukki scored 11 in the Prem for Norwich. 1 goal then a hat trick in the first 8 days while he still had the promotion buzz. Beyond that, no better than our Neale. He's 30 now, so not sure why we would have splashed the cash even if he had been available (which I don't know).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No better than Maupay at PL level. Just an older version (who also scored hatfuls at Championship level of course).

Exactly.
If we are going to invest in a striker for next season we're going to have to use imagine and take a real risk. Pukki would 'do a job'. We don't need that. We need genuine quality.
It's not going to be easy, but signing someone like Pukki isn't the answer.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Pukki seems to me to be in that "Twilight Zone" where a player is too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Prem.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pukki seems to me to be in that "Twilight Zone" where a player is too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Prem.

Dwight Gayle. 23 goals for Newcastle in the Champ, 23 goals for WBA in the Champ.
It's a weird place for certain players to be. If you were a Championship team with both Gayle and Pukki you'd expect to walk the (incredibly competitive) league. But you wouldn't want them to be the ones keeping you up in the Prem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too bald.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports