Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham winning. Brace! Brace!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How on earth do you have Newcastle as equally to Fulham or us? They’ve been on a wretched run.

Because:

1. They have the same form as us, 5 from 18.
2. Have an extra point in the bag.
3. Their remaining fixtures throw up more realistic chances of wins.
4. Bruce with ugly football has this annoying habit of chiselling out a couple of wins, when they seemed screwed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe it’s just me, but i can’t recall GP being sold to your fans as a tactical maestro, from what I’ve read on here, the whole concept of Potterball was actually a fans construct.

One fan in particular, sowed this seed, not the club.

Just my outside opinion.

I remember you being impressed with his appointment, I think you said it was the difference of us being certs for relegation with CH in 2019/20, against properly establishing us in the EPL under GP. Or words to that effect.

If that was said, why did you rate GP before he’d managed an EPL game?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Potter 2 wins in 22 home matches, at the moment he just ain't cutting it in the Premier League, overrated in my opinion by our club and the pundits.

But your opinion means shit to the club and I trust Bloom and CO have a better understanding than you.

We are one striker/player away, who can find the net, from something special. It wouldn't surprise me if Bloom goes all in on one in the summer. As I see it, we have recruited the defence and midfield in the last 4 windows, so it might be the strikers time in the summer window.

I get you are emotionally involved, like the rest of us, but jeese, get some perspective.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He built you a stadium though, not sure you are entitled to do any more than lick his feet.

He didn't build me a stadium did he? It holds over 30,000.

Anyway he should be licking my feet for the years of stress the Albion have caused. :rolleyes:

200.gif

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
But your opinion means shit to the club and I trust Bloom and CO have a better understanding than you.

We are one striker/player away, who can find the net, from something special. It wouldn't surprise me if Bloom goes all in on one in the summer. As I see it, we have recruited the defence and midfield in the last 4 windows, so it might be the strikers time in the summer window.

I get you are emotionally involved, like the rest of us, but jeese, get some perspective.

Mate, I don't know you or where you come from , but we've been one striker away for at least the last four years ?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Everyones opinion means nothing to the club on here even yours :shrug: And what is the club going to use to go all in on a striker the £35m bank loan??? :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Where were you when we were unbeaten for 6 games?

Were you calling for GPs head then?

No because I thought he’d turned it around. I’m sorry that I was wrong.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmm I’ve come to grimly accept our position is now pretty dire. The last few results, coupled with the resurgence of the two clubs immediately below us has sapped my threadbare belief, and I’m starting accept our fate.

The facts are stark, we remain ‘low’ scoring with an incredibly soft underbelly - we can’t win (many at all) at home, and where draws were once saving our graces we now find too many painful last gasp defeats. We’re making those ‘individual’ mistakes that blight and haunt relegated teams.

I can’t see any points vs Saints and only one vs a dire Newcastle. The momentum has deserted us and I’m sure the players are starting to lose confidence too...

Ultimately it’s staring us all in the face, yep - this is our year to go.

It’s clear GP is the man the board believe in and hence he’s going nowhere unless he so chooses... it’s not the end of the world, relegation - far from it ... but right now, it makes a pretty depressing Covid bedfellow.

Hats off to Fulham btw, who will deserve to beat the drop from what I’ve seen.

Us, WBA and the blades... not bad company when all’s said and done.

I’d like to see more passion, some braver decision making on and off the pitch - but what’s the point of impotent rage ? Yep - what’s the use?

Here’s to more victories in a division we should (hopefully) win more than we’ll lose - at least in theory! Lol.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hmmmm I’ve come to grimly accept our position is now pretty dire. The last few results, coupled with the resurgence of the two clubs immediately below us has sapped my threadbare belief, and I’m starting accept our fate.

The facts are stark, we remain ‘low’ scoring with an incredibly soft underbelly - we can’t win (many at all) at home, and where draws were once saving our graces we now find too many painful last gasp defeats. We’re making those ‘individual’ mistakes that blight and haunt relegated teams.

I can’t see any points vs Saints and only one vs a dire Newcastle. The momentum has deserted us and I’m sure the players are starting to lose confidence too...

It’s clear GP is the man the board believe in and hence he’s going nowhere unless he so chooses... it’s not the end of the world, relegation - far from it ... but right now, it makes a pretty depressing Covid bedfellow.

I’d like to see more passion, some braver decision making on and off the pitch - but what’s the point of impotent rage ? Yep - what’s the use?

Here’s to more victories in a division we should (hopefully) win more than we’ll lose - at least in theory! Lol.

Granted it looks bleak at the moment but we’re not down yet.

Most of us didn’t anticipate our 6 game run (i sure didn’t). The good news is we are in most games, Webster is going to come back, Lallana has just played his best game for the club. We have it all to play for still.

Keep the faith.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Mate, I don't know you or where you come from , but we've been one striker away for at least the last four years ?

Why would knowing me or where I come from have anything to do with it?

The last 4 windows (2 years) have been sorting defence and midfield out and this is the best we have played, just can't score for toffee. Address that in the summer, and we are top ten imo.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Most of us didn’t anticipate our 6 game run (i sure didn’t). The good news is we are in most games, Webster is going to come back, Lallana has just played his best game for the club. We have it all to play for still.

Keep the faith.

Fair points, and I know you’re an optimistic sort of a fellow... but we’re undeniably suffering from all the cliched characteristics of a soon to be relegated team... that said, I hope I’m wrong... very wrong.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Perhaps it is written in the stars.

We go down and Hughton brings Notts Forest to the Amex early doors. Knocky scores, Forest defend for their lives with Duffy excelling. Forest leave with a 1 0 victory. A dream of course but TB's nightmare.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I know a lot of folks on here would like to see some good old fashioned Alpha male chest beating and cat kicking from Potter, but despite the stakes he's kept his cool when on the inside he must be pissed off with the way some things have unfolded. Contrast that with Klopp who looks like he's about to run off into a ditch in the hope of finding one of Liverpool's wheels that span off into the distance of PL non-European qualifying mediocraty some games ago.

I might not like all the decisions he makes, but I always get the feeling GP has thought through every decision and checked again. I was pleased he didn't panic and started Maupay and Lallana. In my optimistic moments I think he's balancing approach with what he thinks are the best options and to be fair whilst results confound that otherwise he's not been hugely wrong. I know, but the results. Would love to have heard Tuchel's assessment of Chelsea and how he kicked them on.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Keep the faith.

All said and done I'm not convinced yet that we will be relegated, Potter did pull off some decent wins away this season Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Liverpool so not all doom and gloom,

just don't talk about the home form..

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Fair points, and I know you’re an optimistic sort of a fellow... but we’re undeniably suffering from all the cliched characteristics of a soon to be relegated team... that said, I hope I’m wrong... very wrong.

I’m worried too. Actually in the match day thread I said this is classic relegation form. Play well, can’t win, bad ref decisions, individual errors, late goals etc.

But if we zoom out, this is probably our worst spell of the season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
All said and done I'm not convinced yet that we will be relegated, Potter did pull off some decent wins away this season Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Liverpool so not all doom and gloom,

just don't talk about the home form..

[emoji106]

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I know it's just coincidence but we have been more or less following the trajectory of the last Brighton team to reach the top flight for the last 5 seasons. We missed out on promotion by a gnat's cock then went up the following season, battled with relegation for 2 seasons, then had our best finish in the top tier in the third season. In the fourth season we went down. There are some differences; we changed manager/coach earlier this time round, we haven't reached the cup final and we don't have Potter dancing around in white shoes with an old slapper on his arm. I hope we won't be repeating the 4th season relegation but it's looking more and more like we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here