Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many of our new players would get in the first PL squad of 25?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Regular discussions on here about "Potter too good for players" / players not good enough. So, how many of today's squad would get into our first ever PL squad? Name for name.

Here's the first squad of 25

Baldock, Samuel*
Bong, Thomas Gaetan
Duffy, Shane Patrick Michael*
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Goldson, Connor*
Gross, Pascal
Hemed, Tomer
Hunemeier, Uwe
Izquierdo Mena, Jose Heriberto
Kayal, Beram
Knockaert, Anthony Patrick
Krul, Timothy Michael*
Maenpaa, Niki Emil Antonio
March, Soloman Benjamin*
Murphy, James
Murray, Glenn
Propper, David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri
Rosenior, Liam James*
Ryan, Matthew David
Saltor Grau, Bruno
Schelotto, Ezequiel Matias
Sidwell, Steven James*
Skalak, Jiri
Stephens, Dale Christopher*
Suttner, Markus

https://www.premierleague.com/news/465277

Obviously Sanchez for Ryan because that actually happened. Lamptey for the Greyhound. Veltman probably an equivalent choice to Bruno, very hard to call but certainly White and Webster displace the BFG and Connor, for me. Biss for Dale?

David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri was a regular starter, now can't get in the side. Maupay for Baldock surely? Mac and Lallana for Murphy and Skalak?

And now the toughies. Is Burn a better left back than Suttner. Would you rather have a fit and firing Hemed or Welbeck? A few other arguments on fringe players for me.

Obviously I've left out actual subtleties like under 21s and HGP quota. The point is really to demonstrate (or not) whether you think the current squad is better. For me it is by a country mile.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Regular discussions on here about "Potter too good for players" / players not good enough. So, how many of today's squad would get into our first ever PL squad? Name for name.

Here's the first squad of 25

Baldock, Samuel*
Bong, Thomas Gaetan
Duffy, Shane Patrick Michael*
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Goldson, Connor*
Gross, Pascal
Hemed, Tomer
Hunemeier, Uwe
Izquierdo Mena, Jose Heriberto
Kayal, Beram
Knockaert, Anthony Patrick
Krul, Timothy Michael*
Maenpaa, Niki Emil Antonio
March, Soloman Benjamin*
Murphy, James
Murray, Glenn
Propper, David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri
Rosenior, Liam James*
Ryan, Matthew David
Saltor Grau, Bruno
Schelotto, Ezequiel Matias
Sidwell, Steven James*
Skalak, Jiri
Stephens, Dale Christopher*
Suttner, Markus

https://www.premierleague.com/news/465277

Obviously Sanchez for Ryan because that actually happened. Lamptey for the Greyhound. Veltman probably an equivalent choice to Bruno, very hard to call but certainly White and Webster displace the BFG and Connor, for me. Biss for Dale?

David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri was a regular starter, now can't get in the side. Maupay for Baldock surely? Mac and Lallana for Murphy and Skalak?

And now the toughies. Is Burn a better left back than Suttner. Would you rather have a fit and firing Hemed or Welbeck? A few other arguments on fringe players for me.

Obviously I've left out actual subtleties like under 21s and HGP quota. The point is really to demonstrate (or not) whether you think the current squad is better. For me it is by a country mile.

Comparing todays starting striker with some bloke who played two PL games for Brighton is obviously the best way of doing a fair comparison between the strengths of the teams.

Pajas.

Anyway, without knowing a lot about some of these players GM said it quite well a few weeks ago: the CH side had a lot of players who would perform 6 or 7 every week, the current side has more players with higher ceilings but also more inconsistent. On a sidenote also said Potter is fecking good, but what does he know.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think the question can be rephrased as, in what area have we not upgraded. think pretty much all except the forward line. though the forwards we had then would probably have similar problems now. player that would get into this squad are Bruno, Goldsmith, and Krul, possibly Sidwell.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Comparing todays starting striker with some bloke who played two PL games for Brighton is obviously the best way of doing a fair comparison between the strengths of the teams.

But those of us who normally go every week saw loads of Baldock in the Championship. They are both strikers and both named in a PL 25 man squad. That Maupay is better is my whole point

On a sidenote also said Potter is fecking good, but what does he know.

Again this insinuation that people criticising Potter don't know about football. GM obviously knows more about football but he's a player, not a paying customer. Given the Fulham score the last time I looked GP could well be the best ever coach to get relegated from the PL :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But those of us who normally go every week saw loads of Baldock in the Championship. They are both strikers and both named in a PL 25 man squad. That Maupay is better is my whole point

Again this insinuation that people criticising Potter don't know about football. GM obviously knows more about football but he's a player, not a paying customer. Given the Fulham score the last time I looked GP could well be the best ever coach to get relegated from the PL :shrug:

Alright, sensible. Alexandre Lacazette is better than Tomas Danilevicius, meaning Arteta got a better PL squad than Wenger.

Paying customer. Lmao.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here