Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As a Brighton fan, that is.

Taking EVERYTHING into account - the league, our style of play, the media coverage of Albion, our players, the goals and the results.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Taking EVERYTHING into account - the league, the style of play, the media coverage, the players, the goals and the results.

Sport is all about winning in my opinion, so no I'm not enjoying the endless draws and failing to beat teams home and away around us.

Lovely football though. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not much but football is better than no football.

League winner was pretty much decided with four months to go, not a lot of young exciting players breaking through, the levels of football has been so-so, VAR shit is annoying, the loss of crowds removes a lot of energy from the games and Brighton are in a difficult situation... it all could have been a lot better.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Nothing really, its becoming tiresome, same old, same old. It would be nice just being a safe mid table team but the constant threat of relegation week in week out is spoiling the enjoyment of being a Seagull supporter.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’m ‘enjoying’ it a bit like finally being sick after drinking too much. It was fun to begin with, you know it’s your own fault for getting carried away but you know you’ll feel much better when it’s over.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Taken in isolation i am really enjoying periods of our play at times it is an absolute joy to behold, but taken the season as a whole it has become soul destroying, frustrating and a season I won't miss. This is not just down to the team/manager/club but also Covid watching game after game on the telly box has removed many of the reasons to enjoy football making it more of a chore.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The only good thing about this season is that games can be watched on line.!!!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I know this is heretical to some, but I enjoyed the first season in the PL under Hughton much more than anything that has happened since. Contrary to what people say, we actually played some very attractive football at times and I used to drive home (150 miles) in a reasonable mood on more than the odd occasion. Wins over W Ham(2), WBA, Everton, Man U, Swansea all spring to mind. I know there were also some pretty dreadful away performances, but every game won in that season seemed like a bonus.

I'm really grateful for the Covid situation in some ways. I couldn't imagine !'d want to keep on travelling down and back for games this season. I would probably be thinking of chucking in my season ticket now and saving myself £40 petrol every home game.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very little.

A win every 5 weeks. Whilst similar budget Stains, CP and Leeds experience that winning feeling twice as often.

The core emotion for a football fan of a big high after a win, remains.

Not replaced by “I didn’t mind that defeat, our passing and approach play in spells was a delight”.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Frustrating , probably the most frustrating season I can remember, it’s got to a point where I can’t be bothered to watch on tv any more . You just know they are not going to win against any of the teams down at the bottom of the table , they can’t score more than 1 goal a game against any other team apart from Wolves .they are more likely to give away a late goal , The whole team finds in so incredibly hard to actually put the ball in the net ,
Potter has not got a clue how to get the team to win matches at home , Football is about putting the ball in the back of the net , and winning matches , not passing and not being able to put the ball past a keeper, I have never known a Brighton team shoot itself in the foot so often as this team does .
I think the team is very light weight , which is one of the reasons they do not win more matches , they will be very lucky to survive at this rate and if they are relegated I doubt very much they will be strong enough physically to cope with the Championship.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Every game I’m grinning from ear to ear watching the football being played, get agitated when we get in the box and I’m heading every cross that comes over.

Kick the dog at the end of the game.

Add that up over a season, then just one word sums it up .. frustrated.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm slowly falling out of love with the Albion after 45 years of being a fan; I've started not to care.

Have accepted that we're basically a decent Championship side punching way above our weight and flattering to deceive. Connolly, Maupay and Trossard are not PL-level strikers, and Potter is also hopelessly out of his depth and clueless at this level.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Easy question to answer. Not at all.
I enjoy going to games. Every match this year is Groundhog Day with performance/results and the frustration of missing the days out. Football is about pubs, anticipation, days out. This year it’s about bloody XG.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Frustrating , probably the most frustrating season I can remember, it’s got to a point where I can’t be bothered to watch on tv any more . You just know they are not going to win against any of the teams down at the bottom of the table , they can’t score more than 1 goal a game against any other team apart from Wolves .they are more likely to give away a late goal , The whole team finds in so incredibly hard to actually put the ball in the net ,
Potter has not got a clue how to get the team to win matches at home , Football is about putting the ball in the back of the net , and winning matches , not passing and not being able to put the ball past a keeper, I have never known a Brighton team shoot itself in the foot so often as this team does .
I think the team is very light weight , which is one of the reasons they do not win more matches , they will be very lucky to survive at this rate and if they are relegated I doubt very much they will be strong enough physically to cope with the Championship.

Much of what you’ve said I feel is down to the players. They’ve been given the tactics to express themselves, play positively, take the game to the opposition - but it’s they who have to tuck a chance away.

I know Lallana scored in the game, but I reckon 9 teams out of 10 bury that chance he had in the 2nd half against us. Not just him though, half the team would have missed it. That’s the market we’re in, buying from lower leagues or European league sides, they might have quality, but you can’t know mentally who they’ll step up to the PL.

What is incredibly frustrating is we do look capable of beating anyone in this league!! But we don’t.

Previously we went away from home or against big sides feeling a draw is the best we could expect. Now, I honestly expect to beat Leicester last night as I know we’ll out play then for a fair portion of the game. That’s hard to take when you lose.

Being crap and losing is probably easier to take than being pretty good and losing. I’ve actually never seen anything like it!? Playing well consistently but picking up so few points. It’s a bit nuts.

Because it’s a bit nuts, no idea what the answer is. At the moment I think you just keep playing because you will turn it around if you play well enough.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
From a personal/selfish point of view, it’s the worst in years as I’m not there every home game.

We’re playing football that’s more appealing but getting the same results as recent years.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I mean.. who’s going to say yes?

Am sure most of us quite fed up with the season right now. Seems a bit obvious to me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I measure this against what we saw before and I prefer this. We aren't get the rub of the green yet. However, we are competing in games rather than parking the bus.
The best way to describe the season so far is 'frustrating'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here