Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A straightforward poll. Who in your opinion is in the worst position to avoid relegation.

Who is in the worst position?

• Brighton

Votes: 85 23.9%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 129 36.2%
  • Fulham

Votes: 85 23.9%
  • I dont want to think about it.

Votes: 57 16.0%

• Total voters

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
A straightforward answer is Fulham, they have the least points on the board presently so it's a fact. Unfortunately they are playing a side about as limp wristed as us today (presently) so I suspect things will be a lot more uncomfortable come this evening.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
When this run of hard games for fulham is out the way, they will pick up points, they are not as mentally and physically fragile as us. Can't see when our next 3 points will ever be.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d say it’s between ourselves and Newcastle, irrespective of the league table this morning. Fulham have a squad that senses a chance of survival, they don’t seem to be ravaged with injuries and are far more likely to grind out a 0-0 than Newcastle or ourselves as they’re better than both defensively. Ourselves and Newcastle have been hit by big injuries in key areas and simply are not coping with it. I feel Fulham have far less pressure on them than the other teams around them.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Fulham in the worst position to avoid, but have to consider the direction of travel.

Unfortunately the manner of our defeats adds insult to injury. Real sleepless nights and confidence draining stuff for the penalty takers, defence and now poor old Sanchez.

If we avoid the drop I will be amazed, but I accepted it was likely after Kavgate so everything now just confirms my suspicions.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I hope we don’t get into 1978 scenario , where regardless of what we do at Arsenal, if a draw saves both Fulham and Newcastle we will see a contrived result as Southampton and Spurs did at the Dell 43 years ago?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yet another stupid thread. As a waste-of-breath aside, OP seems to think WBA are out of it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Things may change, of course, but at the moment we are in a bad position. We are in a rut of same-again displays and yet find new ways not to win every week. Fulham have more momentum, while Newcastle have a goalscorer who could make the difference when he recovers from injury. If we lose to Newcastle in a fortnight, I think we're goners.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Fulham have spent a lot of money and while that doesn't guarantee success they seem to be playing much better and will survive. Newcastle have been shit of late and have injuries with key players so are well and truly in the mix but do have Bruce as their manager and he will ensure they keep kicking and scrapping and should have enough to survive when key players return in April. We, on the other hand, seem to be in a death spiral. We lack physicality, are hopeless at set pieces at either end of the pitch, we can't score goals and we now don't seem able to defend goals, we play pretty ineffective football for 45 minutes and then give up - our manager does not seem able to motivate the team for 95 minutes and we seem to be carrying 2, sometimes 3 players every game1.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it not a thread for people to discuss and share their opinions?

There's more than half a dozen new ones on the same theme. A new thread for each opinion. Well, not opinion, really, each different way of criticising and handwringing. As a regular and sensible poster wrote yesterday, NSC becomes unreadable after each draw or defeat.

So, sure, no problem. Discuss, share opinions. And I can share mine, too. :shrug:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's more than half a dozen new ones on the same theme. A new thread for each opinion. Well, not opinion, really, each different way of criticising and handwringing. As a regular and sensible poster wrote yesterday, NSC becomes unreadable after each draw or defeat.

So, sure, no problem. Discuss, share opinions. And I can share mine, too. :shrug:

So people who are upset or angry or disappointed or just plain miserable at the way our team is playing at the moment and who use NSC as a means of venting are, by implication, irregular posters (maybe JCLs even?) whose opinions are not opinions, they are, in your opinion, just useless and senseless criticisms??? Welcome to Oceania!!!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It does. A truely miserable place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So people who are upset or angry or disappointed or just plain miserable at the way our team is playing at the moment and who use NSC as a means of venting are, by implication, irregular posters (maybe JCLs even?) whose opinions are not opinions, they are, in your opinion, just useless and senseless criticisms??? Welcome to Oceania!!!!

I didn't sense the OP was angry, disappointed or miserable. Simpley a bit of a prat. I think that all I said was this is a shit thread. A silly arse poll that includes only two of our 3 relegation rivals? The respondent seems to think I'm odd for finding it tedious. How sad. Never mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here