Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don’t get what he’s done that’s wrong?

Me neither - can't see anything wrong (or for that matter anything remotely interesting) on that tweet that the OP posted. Can someone explain what they're all mithering about please?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some fools just don't get it.

Brighton is a shitehouse club run by idiots who should be sacked.

Ryan knows it and this is just another drip drip drip on the corpse of our premier league survival. Fact.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This.

The bloke went from first choice pick to completely frozen out overnight and he can't so much as like some random's tweet who comments in his favour weeks after it all happened.

Amazing how thin the skin is of some of the most gobby critics. It's like people who give players dogs abuse and then get upset months later when things are going well that the same player hasn't clapped the fans at the end of the game.

More amazing to see how people find no wrong in what he is doing.

Rob Sanchez took Ryans spot, Sanchez makes a mistake, Ryan likes a tweet saying *cough* Maty Ryan *cough*... very difficult to see it in another manner than a comment on what happened last night (and if it isnt, its still extremely poor timing). And that makes it extremely unprofessional. Sure, there is a set of infantile NSC members who think this kind of toxic behaviour is perfectly normal but its not, its evidence of a very poor teammate. Glad he is gone. No wonder Jason Steele was seen as a better bloke to have in a matchday squad.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If it’s any consolation, I thought it was hilarious when Ryan conceded after 74 seconds on his debut for Arsenal

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
More amazing to see how people find no wrong in what he is doing.

Rob Sanchez took Ryans spot, Sanchez makes a mistake, Ryan likes a tweet saying *cough* Maty Ryan *cough*... very difficult to see it in another manner than a comment on what happened last night (and if it isnt, its still extremely poor timing). And that makes it extremely unprofessional. Sure, there is a set of infantile NSC members who think this kind of toxic behaviour is perfectly normal but its not, its evidence of a very poor teammate. Glad he is gone. No wonder Jason Steele was seen as a better bloke to have in a matchday squad.

Swansman

I am surprised by your comment above.

Normally you are such a very good judge and analyst of human behaviour.

Mat Ryan was sacked and for all intents and purposes told to find a new club. Sanchez was to be his replacement.

I for one can certainly understand that human nature would dictate that the lad would be a little bit bitter an hold a grudge.

You are normally the same and fairly good at judging how an individual human being might react in such circumstances. What's different in this instance ?

I don't say that Maty was correct to like that post. But I certainly can understand why he might want to and wouldn't condemn him for it.

It's hardly crime of the century and Mat will get it back in spades when he makes his next error on the pitch as he surely will.

I have no issue with him venting how he feels but he should be aware that it will open him up to criticism when his error comes. But to criticize him for having human emotions is just a bit unfair.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Took me a few minutes to work it out and when I did, I didn’t give a ****.

He’s our ex-goalie. He has ceased to be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swansman

I am surprised by your comment above.

Normally you are such a very good judge and analyst of human behaviour.

Mat Ryan was sacked and for all intents and purposes told to find a new club. Sanchez was to be his replacement.

I for one can certainly understand that human nature would dictate that the lad would be a little bit bitter an hold a grudge.

You are normally the same and fairly good at judging how an individual human being might react in such circumstances. What's different in this instance ?

I don't say that Maty was correct to like that post. But I certainly can understand why he might want to and wouldn't condemn him for it.

It's hardly crime of the century and Mat will get it back in spades when he makes his next error on the pitch as he surely will.

I have no issue with him venting how he feels but he should be aware that it will open him up to criticism when his error comes. But to criticize him for having human emotions is just a bit unfair.

Of course it is human but it doesnt change that its very poor behaviour. Maupay could be liking posts referring to Gross/Welbecks missed penalties. Duffy could be liking referring to when someone like Webster makes a mistake. Bong could publicly show grudge about Dan Burn when things go wrong. None of them do though, because they are professionals and behave like professionals.

I understand his behaviour, but that doesnt make it any less piss poor. Sanchez must have felt like shit yesterday and having your so-called teammate (or ex-teammate, but he still belongs to the club) publicly pretty much grin at you when making a mistake, its just so ****ing bad.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I still think no footballer should have a public social media account.

Far more trouble that they’re worth.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am finding it hard to be too worried about this.

It's up to him what he likes and what he doesn't like.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Of course it is human but it doesnt change that its very poor behaviour. Maupay could be liking posts referring to Gross/Welbecks missed penalties. Duffy could be liking referring to when someone like Webster makes a mistake. Bong could publicly show grudge about Dan Burn when things go wrong. None of them do though, because they are professionals and behave like professionals.

I understand his behaviour, but that doesnt make it any less piss poor. Sanchez must have felt like shit yesterday and having your so-called teammate (or ex-teammate, but he still belongs to the club) publicly pretty much grin at you when making a mistake, its just so ****ing bad.

Your analogies don't carry weight. The others lost their places gradually dropping to the bench and then they found other clubs.

Mat was 1st choice keeper and then virtually cut from the whole squad overnight.

I think we all know that there is more to his exclusio than meets the eye. It's not for public consumption or the lad or the Club would have shared it.

Maty isn't right to air things this way but to call it "unprofessional" is way wide of the Mark. Maybe he finds how he was treated less than professional.

To be honest. I don't care enough to verbally slaughter a guy who played an integral part in keeping the Club in the PL for two full seasons.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Your analogies don't carry weight. The others lost their places gradually dropping to the bench and then they found other clubs.

Mat was 1st choice keeper and then virtually cut from the whole squad overnight.

I think we all know that there is more to his exclusio than meets the eye. It's not for public consumption or the lad or the Club would have shared it.

Maty isn't right to air things this way but to call it "unprofessional" is way wide of the Mark. Maybe he finds how he was treated less than professional.

To be honest. I don't care enough to verbally slaughter a guy who played an integral part in keeping the Club in the PL for two full seasons.

He was bad, and GP gave him lots of time and opportunities not to be bad and he didnt take those opportunities. So he was cut from the matchday squads. Thats life as a footballer: if you are a keeper and cant save 50% of the shots, you're not going to play in the Premier League.

I dont think it needs to be more than meets the eye really as it was easy to see he was not performing. Perform at his level and there is no need for secretly strangling kittens, stealing Lewis Dunks shoes or whatever people might think went on behind the scenes in order to get replaced.

Unprofessional is not "wide of the mark" because it is exactly what it is and if he finds how he was treated - playing like shite for a dozen games and then getting replaced by a better keeper - "less than professional treatment", he needs a reality check. If you dont perform and there are better options, you're out, thats the harsh way of elite sports.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow. I’m fuming at this. What a dick.

To enjoy or gloat over a young goalkeeper’s mistake last night. A lad who’s still learning his trade, done a lot of good but made an honest mistake.

Maty. Mate, our club is still paying you. Probably a lot of money too. I understand you’re pissed the manager dropped you, but don’t do this. And not to Sanchez, he didn’t ask for you to be dropped. Go get in the Arsenal team and prove people, our manager wrong. Show some class FFS.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He was bad, and GP gave him lots of time and opportunities not to be bad and he didnt take those opportunities. So he was cut from the matchday squads. Thats life as a footballer: if you are a keeper and cant save 50% of the shots, you're not going to play in the Premier League.

I dont think it needs to be more than meets the eye really as it was easy to see he was not performing. Perform at his level and there is no need for secretly strangling kittens, stealing Lewis Dunks shoes or whatever people might think went on behind the scenes in order to get replaced.

Unprofessional is not "wide of the mark" because it is exactly what it is and if he finds how he was treated - playing like shite for a dozen games and then getting replaced by a better keeper - "less than professional treatment", he needs a reality check. If you dont perform and there are better options, you're out, thats the harsh way of elite sports.

Eurika

Your first para answers my question. Set the right bait and for sure the bear will surely come to feed.

His liking that post dares to call into question whether Graham Potters decision to drop him was 100% correct.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am finding it hard to be too worried about this.

It's up to him what he likes and what he doesn't like.

Of course it is. But why do it with your public account. Mocking the team you’re contracted to and a young player starting his career.

Remember we’re still paying this guys wages, 40k a week? Would it kill him to just keep his feelings to himself. Just lack of class IMO. And justifies he’s the wrong sort of character to keep in the squad. He’d have been delighting in any mistake Sanchez made.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Eurika

Your first para answers my question. Set the right bait and for sure the bear will surely come to feed.

His liking that post dares to call into question whether Graham Potters decision to drop him was 100% correct.

Yes, and doing that in public is unprofessional. Its possible your buddy CH would be perfectly fine with a player still owned by the club would publicly question his decisions on social media, but most clubs & managers would not be fine with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here