Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I was wondering about him. Other goalkeepers keep getting linked with Arsenal. Maybe that means they don't want him. It seems to imply that. Both we and he need a move for him, so good for both parties if something is starting to happen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely a loan is not good for us as a club? Whether Ryan likes it or not why would we accept a loan?

A loan fee plus they pay all his wages, or a small transfer fee and they pay his wages - f*** all difference for us, really. Either way he's off the books. Obviously much better for him to get a contract, otherwise he could be out of work in 12 months time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder how much the fee is.

We all do - and we'll stay wondering! I'm willing to take bets on it being 'undisclosed' though!

Did a job, especially in the first 2-3 seaons, so good luck as well as goodbye. Good to have cleared him off the books now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
:lolol::lolol:

ryan.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Club are doing a stonking job with this clear out. Rumours of Tau and handbags being on the way too!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Club are doing a stonking job with this clear out. Rumours of Tau and handbags being on the way too!

You mustn't call him handbags - someone will call you racist! Just say he's not good enough and it'll be good to move him on - you'll probably be OK with that. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So long Maty, and thanks for your service. Was a big reason we stayed up in our first couple of seasons in the PL.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the time I recall being surprised and disappointed that Stockdale didn't sign an new contract when we got promoted, but with the benefit of hindsight it is probably as well that he didn't.

Ryan came in and did an excellent job for 3 seasons, a really good value signing and an excellent pro. Steven Gerrard will be well happy he didn't join Celtic. Good luck at your new club Maty!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here