Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard the Belgium International

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
When he is good (1 in 10 games) he is good but how on earth is he even near the Belgium national squad. He occasionally has a good game but most he looks like a crack addict more interested in his next fix.

Had a decent spell before getting splinters from the woodwork against Man Utd but since then has been really poor. Looks like grumpy cat and often plays like he couldn't give a flying *uck. Talked himself up as we were a stepping stone to a bigger club :mad:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is good a bit more often than that but agree he is too inconsistent. Unfortunately there's not a lot of options in the squad if you want a player who is able to take on opponents 1on1, bring a bit of pace and (albeit often low quality) directness. Qualities that you pretty much need, but unfortunately most teams got players who do what he does but better. Bottom five AMC/winger in a bottom five squad in a bottom five league position.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He is good a bit more often than that but agree he is too inconsistent. Unfortunately there's not a lot of options in the squad if you want a player who is able to take on opponents 1on1, bring a bit of pace and (albeit often low quality) directness. Qualities that you pretty much need, but unfortunately most teams got players who do what he does but better. Bottom five AMC/winger in a bottom five squad in a bottom five league position.

You missed out the bottom 5 manager surprise, surprise.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You missed out the bottom 5 manager surprise, surprise.

Well, I dont think he is - surprise surprise. Getting a fairly mediocre squad to play some very decent football. I know that plenty think that the squad is great but there are no guarantees the squad would look as great with another manager. Obviously no guarantees for the opposite either. But regardless of manager and style of play, player quality usually determine the outcome in the end, and I dont believe this team is "all that", yet. Oddly balanced squad with a lot of holes in it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I believe he is one of the players we’ll be aiming to replace should we stay up.

Indeed. He was brilliant in the post-restart games last season though. Similar finish to the season this year and I wouldnt mind keeping him for another year to see if he can finally get that breakthrough.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Indeed. He was brilliant in the post-restart games last season though. Similar finish to the season this year and I wouldnt mind keeping him for another year to see if he can finally get that breakthrough.

I can’t be done with players like Trossard to be honest, who only turn up for the odd game then otherwise go missing.

I don’t doubt he’s got technical ability but he’s had 2 seasons now and seems to be declining. I wouldn’t hesitate to replace.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I can’t be done with players like Trossard to be honest, who only turn up for the odd game then otherwise go missing.

I don’t doubt he’s got technical ability but he’s had 2 seasons now and seems to be declining. I wouldn’t hesitate to replace.

Dunno about declining. Overall I think he's been better this season than the last one (when he started great and finished great but was very lacklustre in between). This season I think he's been good/ok for about half of the games, so I would imagine that despite all, his value probably increased a little bit since he arrived. Ultimately he didnt improve enough however and it was a budget (compared to similar players) that has not really worked out as well as we were hoping. If there's a decent bid in the summer I wouldnt mind selling him and replacing him with another semi-budget player who could be the next big thing (signing a great established AMC/winger would probably be too expensive).

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

You think Palace, Leeds and Burnley have better squads than us?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You think Palace, Leeds and Burnley have better squads than us?

leeds do , burnley have seasoned pro's with nouse which can be worth a goal start against dumber teams. palace have a disgraceful looking squad but look what happened a few weeks ago , the game is played on the pitch , the team sheet is irrelevant once the whistle is blown.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
leeds do , burnley have seasoned pro's with nouse which can be worth a goal start against dumber teams. palace have a disgraceful looking squad but look what happened a few weeks ago , the game is played on the pitch , the team sheet is irrelevant once the whistle is blown.

The Leeds squad is mainly comprised of Championship journeyman.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Leeds squad is mainly comprised of Championship journeyman.

not in the mood for arguing , how we managed to beat them at elland rd is beyond me , they have some real quality players and in Bamford they have an in form striker who knows how to hit the net which is something we are tragically lacking.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
our squad is better than Leeds' pound for pound. The only areas they are better than us is arguably striker, and they have a match winner in Raphinha. I wouldn't swap our goalkeeper, defence or midfield, and we have slightly better depth on the bench

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Statistically no better than Knockeart (who actually had more assists) another flop signing from one of Europe’s Pub leagues

3648a568de45f97feec969f97e2a1dfc.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In terms of quality he's still light years ahead of Jahanbakhsh and Tau. This is a problem.

I'm not even sure who his other direct competition in the squad would be. That's also a problem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dreadful game last night should have been the first player substituted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here