Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard the Belgium International

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In terms of quality he's still light years ahead of Jahanbakhsh and Tau. This is a problem.

I'm not even sure who his other direct competition in the squad would be. That's also a problem.

Fair enough AJ.

But Tau? The blokes played a cameo at City were he looked electric. Then a FA cup Newport game on a sandpit, and hasn’t been seen since? Seems a bit harsh to write off his Albion career on 2 games?

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I don't know, but I presume that Moder, Tau, Zeqiri and Karbownik are going insane with frustration on the bench, desperate to show what they can do while players like Trossard are automatic picks. Gross too seems to have come out on the other side of that golden moment of form that he was in a month ago.

Yep and players like Trossard seem far too complacent with their starting place. The frustrating thing is that there is competition for places, but you wouldn't know it with Trossard playing that bad and staying on for the entire game.

I wouldn't even have minded seeing Khadra come on for Trossad yesterday (if he made the bench that is).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldn't even have minded seeing Khadra come on for Trossad yesterday (if he made the bench that is).

Exactly THIS.

I’m GP in. But I do worry he’s so overly loyal to certain players. He puts a lot of faith in Tross and Maupay. And I don’t think they’re justifying it at the moment. I really don’t.

Tau for Maupay would have been exciting. And yes a Khadra, or Karbo /Moder for Tross would have livened things up.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I see on the BBC website we are interested in Blackburn's Adam Armstrong. Would he be a decent addition?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He’s symptomatic of our problems imo. Decent player, neat, but not enough of a goal threat, rarely assists or scores, finishing is woeful, and a bit soft/drifts out of games. IF we stay up, upgrading him and Maupay is priority #1. Buying an actual left back is #2.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’ve bought in some ordinary players for the money really haven’t we ?
I might be swayed by remembering the first £1 million pound player.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well, I dont think he is - surprise surprise. Getting a fairly mediocre squad to play some very decent football. I know that plenty think that the squad is great but there are no guarantees the squad would look as great with another manager. Obviously no guarantees for the opposite either. But regardless of manager and style of play, player quality usually determine the outcome in the end, and I dont believe this team is "all that", yet. Oddly balanced squad with a lot of holes in it.

But there are managers out there who have made their reputation by getting clubs out of a relegation scrap. Tony Pulis, Big Fat Sam, Neil Warnock etc etc. All three have been able to put fire in the bellies of the playing staff, GP would probably say that the players should be careful around a box of matches!

People talk of players carrying responsibility for performances, which is true, BUT.........you cannot sack the entire first team squad and continue to fulfill your fixtures whilst still being competitive. You can however change the playing style to suit the battles ahead, whether by a change of tactics, or a change of manager. This is why the manager carries the ultimate responsibility.

Henry Ford said, “If you continue to do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got”. So we can carry on being ‘unlucky’ and get relegated, or we can change something. We both know GP ain’t going anywhere at the end of this season, so maybe he should repay Mr Blooms faith in him by compromising his style in an attempt to keep us up.

And I still stand by my opinion that you don’t understand football.

Awaits abuse from Veggy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Confidence player I reckon.

You can see by the expression on his face that he is down on himself at the moment. I don't agree with the idea that he is not trying or he doesn't care. He does both, just needs a spark to get him out of his rut . . . Not a bad barometer for the whole team really.

Really needs a crowd there to get behind him so he can play out of this slump.

Also really needs a goal or two.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hasn’t featured for U23’s since making 1st team bench and not involved again today. Another secret injury/illness?

He scored in a game in Feb for them, I'm sure.

Tross is desperately inconsistent isn't he?
I've not seen enough from him to suggest he is any better than Izzy was pre-injury. Defintely room for improvement.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s all about opinions, a mate of mine who’s a mad Wolves supporter loves watching Trossard and reckons he’s far to good for us. Now when I see what he sees he may just have a point. He’s not misplacing passes he’s making passes the others are to slow to read. Anyhow a Wolves fan is desperate to sign him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It’s all about opinions, a mate of mine who’s a mad Wolves supporter loves watching Trossard and reckons he’s far to good for us. Now when I see what he sees he may just have a point. He’s not misplacing passes he’s making passes the others are to slow to read. Anyhow a Wolves fan is desperate to sign him.

him and biss are quick , gross and maupay are slow , hard to link up.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But there are managers out there who have made their reputation by getting clubs out of a relegation scrap. Tony Pulis, Big Fat Sam, Neil Warnock etc etc. All three have been able to put fire in the bellies of the playing staff, GP would probably say that the players should be careful around a box of matches!

People talk of players carrying responsibility for performances, which is true, BUT.........you cannot sack the entire first team squad and continue to fulfill your fixtures whilst still being competitive. You can however change the playing style to suit the battles ahead, whether by a change of tactics, or a change of manager. This is why the manager carries the ultimate responsibility.

Henry Ford said, “If you continue to do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got”. So we can carry on being ‘unlucky’ and get relegated, or we can change something. We both know GP ain’t going anywhere at the end of this season, so maybe he should repay Mr Blooms faith in him by compromising his style in an attempt to keep us up.

And I still stand by my opinion that you don’t understand football.

Awaits abuse from Veggy.

Pulis? Just sacked by Sheffield Wednesday for total failure. Was last in the Premier League with West Brom, sacked in the season they went down.

Warnock - has never kept a team in the too division. Relegated from the top flight at Notts County, Sheffield United and Cardiff, sacked before he could take down Palace and QPR.

Fat Sam? 2 wins in 16 games? Yeah really putting the fire in their bellies. Taking West Brom down.

And Swansman knows more about football than most on here, including, clearly, yourself.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pulis? Just sacked by Sheffield Wednesday for total failure. Was last in the Premier League with West Brom, sacked in the season they went down.

Warnock - has never kept a team in the too division. Relegated from the top flight at Notts County, Sheffield United and Cardiff, sacked before he could take down Palace and QPR.

Fat Sam? 2 wins in 16 games? Yeah really putting the fire in their bellies. Taking West Brom down.

And Swansman knows more about football than most on here, including, clearly, yourself.

So not one of those managers has ever rescued a failing team from relegation?

Swansman, and yourself, seem to love quoting stats and figures. There are only one set of numbers that count, goals. Passes, turnovers, Xg, yards, sorry metres, covered, percentage of possession mean absolutely fxxk all.

Goals.

Goals is where it is at. And what might goals make? Points.

That is the be all, and end all. Relegation, or no relegation. Every place higher in the PL earns millions more than the one below. That is from a business objective, which I am sure TB is very aware of.

From a Brighton fans objective, it is all about winning, passion and pride. For a neutral it is all about playing the game in the right way. A neutral can do stats, a fan wants something to crow about, to their mates or anybody else for that matter.

I make no apology, if you and Swanny are the future of football, then best you start welcoming American Football, NFL, Major League Besaball and more. They just love statistics, for all you armchair bullshitters watching sport on your 85 inch screen with your reclining chair with three cup holders and a USB 4.0 in the armrest, and Uber Eats on speed dial.

Me, I will go to the match when I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here