Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How Are You Dealing With Another Defeat ?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The real worry is I didn't really feel that bad other than a sense of deflation. We are so predictable that I was expecting it, at the moment if we are not 3 up at half time it's game over.
This season has now become nothing more than survival and I am trying to distance myself from getting to emotionally involved after the last year my mental wellbeing just can't cope with this season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This game compared to the last 3 was a absolute breeze to get over , in fact I was over it before they scored the second because it just seemed inevitable.

I can take losing to a team that will probably be playing champions league football next season , I found the last 3 previous games incredibly hard to get over , actually I'm still not over the Palace and WBA games tbh .

Saying that we're still playing some lovely stuff and Potter and the team have my 100% support, we will turn the corner .

Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The real worry is I didn't really feel that bad other than a sense of deflation. We are so predictable that I was expecting it, at the moment if we are not 3 up at half time it's game over.
This season has now become nothing more than survival and I am trying to distance myself from getting to emotionally involved after the last year my mental wellbeing just can't cope with this season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Thankyou, that saved me typing exactly the same, the only good point about the result was it stopped me having to listen to 'Mr Leicester City' and his gormless chums on MOTD.
:nono:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Feel no better this morning. Pure frustration that a little bit of proaction last night could well have ensured a point. Its the passivity that gets to me. Time and time again, I am shouting at the TV 10-15 minutes into the second half, as games are changing in front of my eyes. The teeth sucker does nothing. The odd word with his multi talented back up team and the odd scribble on a bit of paper. Game continues to drift. Inevitable result.
I didn't sleep well. I care passionately about my club. I don't care who the manager is as long as he appears to be getting a tune out of the players. I've seen plenty, some of whom played just as attractively as the present incumbent. I want a manager who acts decisively in games, to try and turn things round. It worries me that we have fitness issues. It worries me that we have concentration issues. It worries me that the manager is cutting his teeth at my club and seems to be taking quite a long time to learn basic lessons. I need another cup of tea.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Resigned myself to relegation - our 'strikers' are nowhere near good enough for the PL, we're defensively frail, our home form is an embarrassment, and Potter is out of his depth.

Looking forward to life returning to near normal as the COVID vaccine is applied to all adults by June, spending more time in the garden, reading books, watching Netflix, and hoping to have a couple of UK-based holidays later this year.

This season, my lifelong passion for the Albion has diminished a fair bit - part of me is starting not to care anymore.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Couldn't even watch/listen to the second half (lousy stream) decided to wait and watch MOTD instead, as soon as I saw we were first up I knew a draw was off the menu and hoped we'd hung on for the win (it's the hope that kills) the inevitable happened and another defeat at the hands of that arm stretching up c*nt Rogers as if he was the goal scorer, surprised he didn't run along the touch line and do a knee slide, pr1ck !
I think we're almost down now as I cannot see where our next three points are coming from, maybe scrape one against Newcastle and possibly something away at Sheffield but other than that can only see a long line of L's against our name. Depressed or what ?. This season can f*ck right off.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I won a few hundred pounds on an ACCA a few weeks ago and after we beat Liverpool I bet £50 on us to get relegated. An insurance bet. I then had a £20 double on us to lose to Palace and WBA and invested those winnings in another relegation bet. I stand to win just under £4000 and although I would be gutted the reality is that I might have a bonus £4K to spend is sinking in.

No way that’s going into savings I’m buying something proper.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I won a few hundred pounds on an ACCA a few weeks ago and after we beat Liverpool I bet £50 on us to get relegated. An insurance bet. I then had a £20 double on us to lose to Palace and WBA and invested those winnings in another relegation bet. I stand to win just under £4000 and although I would be gutted the reality is that I might have a bonus £4K to spend is sinking in.

No way that’s going into savings I’m buying something proper.

That just stirs dreadful thoughts as to how much I would except to see us get relegated, perish any such!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Badly.

I've gone beyond frustration with this team to being infuriated by them. I feel like a parent/teacher watching their child/student seemingly deliberately attempt to throw away an incredibly bright future by repeated acts of self sabotage.

Maybe we need to stage an intervention to stop this lunacy?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think what makes it most frustrating and disappointing is that, normally I would just be in a pub in town til 11, met up with some friends and done something, just being stuck at home with absolutely nothing to do, other than get frustrated. This way of enjoying football is entirely miserable.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Opening another bottle of wine ?

Booking a holiday ?

Reading a good book ?

Nocturnal carnality ?

Listening to Steps on Spotify ?

giphy.gif

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dealing with it like there's umpteen more pressing GENUINE issues to be dealt with. To be absolutely honest it barely registers at all for more than about an hour after a game. Albion's gonna be what Albion's gonna be. We're all just watching the telly. TB invests or don't invest? Who in the end cares? Been going to football since forever. How's that going to change? :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I’ve checked out, a conscious decision. Been supporting the Albion since 80, been there from the cup final, to Hereford and the prem. I still support the Albion but I no longer follow the Albion. A multitude of reasons but the soft underbelly of Potter’s Albion has been enough for me. Adios

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here