Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Leicester

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 5 - Terrific saves and commanded his box well ..... until his horror moment. It was unrealistic to think this moment wouldn't happen

Veltman - 7 - Class passing, but was caught the wrong side a couple of times against Castagne
Dunk - 6 - For the first goal, the quality of the no look pass from Tielemans did him, i'm not faulting him there. Clear penalty though
White - 7 - Demonstrated huge awareness of the movement of the Leicester strikers and covered accordingly. Good game.
Burn - 7 - Very good performance, but should have scored at the end

Bissouma - 6 - Held his own against top quality midfield opponents
MacAllister - 7 - Bright start but not a 90 minute player at the moment. I'm not sure he has the physicality to excel right in the heart of the midfield in this league.
Gross - 7 - Great vision, but uninspiring set pieces
Trossard - 3 - When he's bad, he's bad

Lallana - 8 - Comfortably his best performance for us. Him and Maupay were like Bearsley and Lineker or like Dalgleish and Rush
Maupay - 6 - Better. Much better. Hope he takes confidence from finishing one.

Alzate - 4 - Has gone alarmingly backwards. Certainly as culpable as Robbie for the winner. But just generally has a callow look about him. The position he's playing isn't helping him
Wellbeck - 5 - Unconvincing late sub
Ali J - Didn't touch it

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 5
Veltman 7
Burn 6
Dunk 5
White 7
Bissouma 6
Gross 6
MacAllister 6
Trossard 5
Lallana 8 MOTM
Maupay 6

Alzate 5
Welbeck 5
Ali J na

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Most average, other than Trossard 2 - why did he stay on, and Alzate 2 - he looks a shadow of the player he was last season

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sanchez - 5 - Terrific saves and commanded his box well ..... until his horror moment. It was unrealistic to think this moment wouldn't happen

Veltman - 7 - Class passing, but was caught the wrong side a couple of times against Castagne
Dunk - 6 - For the first goal, the quality of the no look pass from Tielemans did him, i'm not faulting him there. Clear penalty though
White - 7 - Demonstrated huge awareness of the movement of the Leicester strikers and covered accordingly. Good game.
Burn - 7 - Very good performance, but should have scored at the end

Bissouma - 6 - Held his own against top quality midfield opponents
MacAllister - 7 - Bright start but not a 90 minute player at the moment. I'm not sure he has the physicality to excel right in the heart of the midfield in this league.
Gross - 7 - Great vision, but uninspiring set pieces
Trossard - 3 - When he's bad, he's bad

Lallana - 8 - Comfortably his best performance for us. Him and Maupay were like Bearsley and Lineker or like Dalgleish and Rush
Maupay - 6 - Better. Much better. Hope he takes confidence from finishing one.

Alzate - 4 - Has gone alarmingly backwards. Certainly as culpable as Robbie for the winner. But just generally has a callow look about him. The position he's playing isn't helping him
Wellbeck - 5 - Unconvincing late sub
Ali J - Didn't touch it

Pretty much agree but I wasn’t so impressed with Gross tonight. Too many unproductive Cruyff turns, crosses and corners. Trossard - weak

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sanchez - 5 - Heading for a solid 7 but

Veltman - 7 Class
Dunk - 6 Standard
White - 7 Getting more confident
Burn - 7 One of his better performances

Bissouma - 6 OK but still not quite on his usual high standards
MacAllister - 7.
Gross - 6 7 first half 5 second.
Trossard - 3 Did he manage to pass to one of our player or beat one of theirs all game?

Lallana - 7 Superb for the first 60 minutes but tired and we suffered for it.
Maupay - 6 General did well until he got near the goal and then he shat himself.

Alzate - 5 Not sure he has a clue where he fits into the team
Wellbeck - 5 Didn't really do anything good or bad.
Ali J - n/a

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Special mention for Neal as he gets a heck of a lot of (IMO largely unwarranted) stick from people but I thought he had an excellent first half. Outmuscled Tielemans to set Adam through. I would have been delighted for him if his goal had stood.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 7 - several fine saves, decent distribution and lots of collected through balls and crosses that could have been dangerous. Mistake on the second goal obviously.

Veltman 6 - not his best performance, had some issues to the right and gave the ball away a couple of times. Not bad though.
White 7 - steady performance.
Dunk 5 - some good actions but struggled plenty of times with their through balls.
Burn 7 - probably the best defender today, kept their right wing quiet.

Trossard 3 - no. When Leo is bad, he is very very bad. I understand why he was kept on the pitch but I would have preferred him pulled.
Mac Allister 8 - once again fantastic defensive contribution and I think MC/DMC is his future role.
Bissouma 7 - had lots to do and did most of it well
Gross 7 - lots of slick passing and good defensive work but the set pieces were mostly shiet

Maupay 7 - nice assist, great defensive work and looked threatening overall.
Lallana 9 - great performance, lots of great passes and a few very decent attempts (including the goal), looked tired in the second half but remained one of the better players out there.

Alzate 6 - not bad or good, just meh. Did what was expected from him nothing more nothing less.
Welbeck - didnt play enough to get a grade but looked his usual self

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 7 would like to see lamptey play in front of him in a conventional 4 4 1 1. Lots of Overlapping
Dunk - 6
White - 7
Burn - 6.5 lots of effort

Bissouma - 6 OK
MacAllister - 6 OK
Gross - 6 Great 1st half poor second half
Trossard - 5 Plenty of effort. Gave ball away lots but also chased back.

Lallana - 7 Tired badly and needed to be replaced. Gave ball away which led to their 1st goal
Maupay - 6 Good first half, went into his shell second half. Is a worry if he is the best we have after 4 seasons in prem

Alzate - 5 Needed the physcality of Moder or Proper at the point he came on as we had lost the battle in the middle of the park
Wellbeck - 5 Chasing shadows
Ali J - if he's the answer what is the question

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Trossard - 0 again
Lallana - 7 on first half performance

Rest of team- i really cannot be bothered, just like them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 6 - excellent until the error. Sadly it’s the ones you let in
Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
White - 7
Burn - 7
Gross - 6
MacAllister - 7
Bissouma - 6
Lallana - 8 shame about the bad pass for the goal, but outstanding.
Trossard - 4 - perhaps I should go back to the fence [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] he seemed better then.
Maupay - 6 - great assist outside the box, no threat in it.

Alzate - 5 - beginning to wonder
Welbeck - 5
AJ - n/a - but why bother. Not good enough anyway

Potter - 5

Ref - Oliver - 5 - I really like him, but gave us nothing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can only mark over whole game but such 2 different halves

Sanchez 5 Bad mistake
Veltman 4 Dont know where he was because didnt do much in attack but must be responsible for giving so much freedom to attack down his side
White 7 Did ok
Dunk 6 Not at best but not to much danger down middle
Burn 5 CB at RB
Bissouma 6 Not in control but little defensive help from midfield in 2nd half
Gross 5 Average in attack and defence
McCalister 5 Found it tough and couldnt do anything about it
Lalana 7 Generous because didnt get in game 2nd half but scored and had 3 other attempts
Maupay 6 Good first half but our big problem after. Continually lost ball so it just came straight back.
Trossard 6 Am a fan when plays inside but not a winger. Same as Maupay gave ball away too much

Alzate coming on strange. Needed a good defensive midfielder to come on but of course we dont have another one same as dont have a LB. Oh for days when Duffy came on for 15mins to see game out but again we dont have any other defenders

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not exactly ratings, more a few thoughts. West Brom and now Leicester both played on our new defensive weakness of dropping the ball where Webster would be and Sanchez not collecting. Two bad goals, four points nicked. Where Ryan needed Dunk and Murray in defence, Sanchez needs Webster. Sanchez is so good, I don't want to see the Sanchez flap become a thing. When players tire, our subs are predictable and I'm not sure if Welbeck touched the ball. He doesn't look so good without the Lamptey/Lallana combo. Alzate looks too lightweight and could do with bulking up a bit like March has. Trossard clearly has his critics, but at least he is trying to make things happen and Maupay looked more like his old self. Bissouma is just coasting now and hoping to avoid injury before a big money summer move. Veltman has been the bargain of the season, a model of high consistency just when and where we needed it and on the other side, Burn has been a bit of a curate's egg. If only he had got his head on Dunk's flick at the end, it would have been 2-2. Can't help feeling at least one of Zeqiri, Tau or Moder might have been more effective subs. It's so frustrating and dispiriting. We all knew we needed to be two up by the last ten minutes to have a chance of a point. It's the hope that's so hard to take. We wait all week, watching the other results, seeing our opportunity to create a gap open up and trying to put the disappointment of the last game behind us, only to be knocked flat again. I really can't deal with putting numbers by the players.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No one played really bad so I will give them all 8 for the first half and mostly 7's for the second half until the last fifteen minutes when big gaps started appear allowing Vardy space to turn poacher to provider, in my humble GP was at fault not bringing on support that could help plug those gaps.

Like others I think Trossard was largely anonymous and was surprised he was not subbed

We were very nearly 6 points clear but yet again we can't turn our competitive efforts into goals

11 games to go I think we need three wins and a couple of draws at this moment I fear that may be beyond our reach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here