Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “But we’ve been really unlucky”

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Given how we bossed the first half it was inevitable Leicester would come at us in the second half.

I would excpect a decent manager to either match that or counter it, with the players we had on the bench we could have bolstered the defensive side of midfield and made some attacking changes to wpossibly score a second or at least retain the ball and kill time.

Seems GP has forgotten or got scared of doing that.

Possibly this has been said but we had very good luck that the law on handball changed a week after Fulham’s game. Time to stop being whiny and concentrate on controlling the controllables

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If it's true that luck evens itself out over the course of a season then we really are in for a spectacular couple of months

The idea that the luck has been one way this season is a myth.
We have used up a chunk of a good luck.
Like the villa non penalty.
And even last night - blatant pen by dunk, not given.
A few deflections that have flown in,
There are other examples.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
To be fair the angle from directly behind the goal makes it look a pen whilst the other one from the side looks like he got a touch. Kind of irrelevant now but you have to question Dunks decision making.

What, question a decision to tackle Vardy closing in on a shot on goal like that. It was brilliant decision making and a great tackle. As was Bissouma's tracking back and tackling in the box. Not saying there were no mistakes, but credit where its due.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Not sure we have suffered a huge amount of bad luck but I am really really struggling to remember any good luck.

Only thing I can remember was when Lamptey's goal at Spurs was allowed to stand after VAR failed to spot March's foul in build up. But we still lost :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here