Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home Form

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Can we pin this post?

Guys. I have faith most of us, as fine standing Albion fans are intelligent. But I’m really concerned for some. please read the above and let it sink in.

Why resort to insults? Regardless of home stats we have the absolute worst record. The rot had set in long before covid and no fans.

You are defending the indefensible

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Why resort to insults? Regardless of home stats we have the absolute worst record. The rot had set in long before covid and no fans.

You are defending the indefensible

Dan

Your wasting your time. You know your going to get into a verbal exchange with Vagabond. He will you call you Mr T insult you nicely you will respond and he will report you

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
lawro I was a previous poster have been posting on here since 2003 ask the mods and they will confirm I support Albion and not a certain other team

I can vouch for [MENTION=41200]Ethelwulf[/MENTION] and his loyalties here. We go back over 30 years and he's Albion through and through.

Even as Albion fans, we're all going to disagree on a few things on here, especially when we're a bit tetchy with feelings running high after another defeat.

But let's not add insult to injury by insinuations of supporting Palace.

Anything but that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How advantage is largely down to pitch size, varying lengths and widths, some teams have a small pitch to suit their game, others use a larger pitch to favour a more expansive approach, they also tend to have training pitches that replicate the home pitch so that they can better work on formations and drills. That should provide some kind of home advantage.

There should also be a home advantage by the fact that you don't have to meet up and travel to the away ground often the day before. Thus losing an extra day on the training ground preparing for a match.

I thought this was a poor performance apart from the pressing without the ball.

I thought Leicester were really poor for almost the whole game. Brighton forced them into making loads of mistakes but the just couldn't capitalise on those errors.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I must admit, I have wondered about the poster, and if they have an affiliation with a team not a million miles away.

lawro I was a previous poster have been posting on here since 2003 ask the mods and they will confirm I support Albion and not a certain other team

I can confirm as a fact that Ethelwulf is an Albion fan.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I know we disagree about most, if not all things and you are very protective of Mr P, however this poor form at the Amex started before lock down in March last year. I understand that no crowd makes a difference but to only win once at home this season and twice in over a calendar year is the worst record in the professional game. If the games are basically neutral with no advantage to either side, why have we only won once? Surely the odds say we should win more than once?

Spot on, let's not try and defend the indefensible - our home record is embarrassing, all clubs have had to deal with the same circumstances.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There was nothing remotely trolling about posting a clear fact.

I home win all season is absolutely appalling.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I must admit, I have wondered about the poster, and if they have an affiliation with a team not a million miles away.

Hopefully you have seen the other posts and can see your statement above is untrue . Just because I have a different view to some on here does not make a troll. Also as other posters have pointed out it’s a fact one home win all season and due to be our worst season at home

This is a forum for people to have different views sadly some on here in the Potter is God camp think that any one that dares to have a different view to their own is a troll or a Palace fan or not a true fan.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hopefully you have seen the other posts and can see your statement above is untrue . Just because I have a different view to some on here does not make a troll. Also as other posters have pointed out it’s a fact one home win all season and due to be our worst season at home

This is a forum for people to have different views sadly some on here in the Potter is God camp think that any one that dares to have a different view to their own is a troll or a Palace fan or not a true fan.

Having read other posts my suspicions that you are from the dark side are unfounded.
However, my post wasn’t untrue, as I said, I did wonder if you were Palace, I didn’t actually accuse you of the heinous crime.
You must see, if I , and a few others suspect that you’re trolling, then maybe, there is something you do that leads to our suspicions.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
2 wins in 22 home games, the boy is lucky to still be employed.

Lovely football though. :rolleyes:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm not GP in-out-fence, I'm just confused about the multiple poor statistics and results we've been carrying for the past couple of seasons that can be attributed to multiple people and multiple reasons.

There's no denying that the overall statistics (this season) shows better performance away from home, but there's other statistics to accompany that.

2020/2021 Season to Date.

Bottom half of the table = an average of 3.6 Home Wins.
Bottom 6 clubs = an average of 2.6 Home Wins.
Bottom 3 clubs = an average of 2 Home Wins.
Brighton = 1 Home Win.

2019/2020 Season - at our current stage in the season

Bottom half of the table = an average of 4.5 Home Wins.
Bottom 6 clubs = an average of 4.1 Home Wins.
Bottom 3 clubs = an average of 4 Home Wins.
Brighton = 4 Home Wins.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here