Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home Form

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
One won all season so far . With all the shit teams played apart from Newcastle this will go down as our worst ever home season I think

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not really such thing as home form this year. Teams fair better away. Tis an unusual time.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One won all season so far . With all the shit teams played apart from Newcastle this will go down as our worst ever home season I think

Quite lucky then that this was the one season we didn't have to slog up to Falmer and back to watch us draw or lose

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What would the 'actual' attendance be for your average home game by now, I wonder, if it weren't a covid world.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
My big fear:

First home game next season, decent (maybe full) crowd.
Same kind of performance/result.
It'll be utterly demoralising.
Can't wait for this season to be over but it's a worry.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just unreal crap

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Indeed. First time in PL history where the away teams are getting more points.

Can we pin this post?

Guys. I have faith most of us, as fine standing Albion fans are intelligent. But I’m really concerned for some. please read the above and let it sink in.

Home form. Is not the usual advantage it is.

Why’s that?
Hmm let’s think..

Oh, there’s no fans? Yep. That’s one. So where’s all the home support? Gone. Songs, roaring on players? Gone. intimidating opposition? Oh, that’s not there. Gone.

So what’s the home advantage exactly? Well... hmm, you get to use your usual changing rooms? Yeah.. I’m sure that’s worth a few points.

And yet we get some genius every week glibly informing us. “Only won once at home. Potter out”. (Ignoring all the draws too, and circumstances but whatever). “Not good enough”.

Almost every team has a worse home record due to covid season. Bash Potter by all means, I’ve got criticisms myself right now, but don’t use a covid ridden season to drive home some dumbass statistical anomaly that means nothing.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Imagine If old Potter had 30,000 in the Amex with his 1 win! It would be absolutely toxic and I would imagine he would have walked by now. He is a very lucky man, he has no crowd and has a fat contract that makes him pretty intouchable!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can we pin this post?

Guys. I have faith most of us, as fine standing Albion fans are intelligent. But I’m really concerned for some. please read the above and let it sink in.

Home form. Is not the usual advantage it is.

Why’s that?
Hmm let’s think..

Oh, there’s no fans? Yep. That’s one. So where’s all the home support? Gone. Songs, roaring on players? Gone. intimidating opposition? Oh, that’s not there. Gone.

So what’s the home advantage exactly? Well... hmm, you get to use your usual changing rooms? Yeah.. I’m sure that’s worth a few points.

And yet we get some genius every week glibly informing us. “Only won once at home. Potter out”. (Ignoring all the draws too, and circumstances but whatever). “Not good enough”.

Almost every team has a worse home record due to covid season. Bash Potter by all means, I’ve got criticisms myself right now, but don’t use a covid ridden season to drive home some dumbass statistical anomaly that means nothing.
How advantage is largely down to pitch size, varying lengths and widths, some teams have a small pitch to suit their game, others use a larger pitch to favour a more expansive approach, they also tend to have training pitches that replicate the home pitch so that they can better work on formations and drills. That should provide some kind of home advantage.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Imagine If old Potter had 30,000 in the Amex with his 1 win! It would be absolutely toxic and I would imagine he would have walked by now. He is a very lucky man, he has no crowd and has a fat contract that makes him pretty intouchable!

And if that were the case you would have absolute right to pull apart his home record, and I’d support you in that and also be critical with you.

But in this weird covid season, with no fans, no teams have home advantage. As the stats indicate.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
And if that were the case you would have absolute right to pull apart his home record, and I’d support you in that and also be critical with you.

But in this weird covid season, with no fans, no teams have home advantage. As the stats indicate.

I know we disagree about most, if not all things and you are very protective of Mr P, however this poor form at the Amex started before lock down in March last year. I understand that no crowd makes a difference but to only win once at home this season and twice in over a calendar year is the worst record in the professional game. If the games are basically neutral with no advantage to either side, why have we only won once? Surely the odds say we should win more than once?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here