Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fitness levels and a passive manager.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Manager as dull as dishwater, he needs an electric shock to get him sucking his teeth. FFS man get some ****ing passion come and live here and have some of my ****ing disgust at us giving away another three points. Understand my utter despair at another week of studying the table of doom. My ****ing dismay at the carefree attitude of the sucky man showing a real lack of substance

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It is strange that we flag so often in the second half.

Lallana had an excellent game and should have scored his second goal in the second half but clearly ran out of puff after about 60 minutes. Trossard & Gross disappeared and Welbeck looks slow and unfit - that's quite a bit of weight for the others to be carrying in a second half.

I don't get Potters lack of emotion and subs. It does little to endear himself to us watching. He has had a really easy ride without spectators in the stadium - can you imagine 1 home win all season and 28k Albion supporters in the ground - he would certainly know how many felt about the results.

The fans wouldn't be reacting well to his passivity in making changes. They are quick to detect a game changing and would be letting him know in no uncertain manner. Hughton got endless stick and Potter is getting an easy ride at the moment.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Manager as dull as dishwater, he needs an electric shock to get him sucking his teeth. FFS man get some ****ing passion come and live here and have some of my ****ing disgust at us giving away another three points. Understand my utter despair at another week of studying the table of doom. My ****ing dismay at the carefree attitude of the sucky man showing a real lack of substance

A suck through the teeth, a rather wistful look and the inevitable....." It is what it is "

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Not sure this is completely true, yes we have several player that cannot last a game ie the Llama, MacAllister (judging by his compulsory substitutions) and always seem to have a couple of players off their game e.g Trossard tonight, which then means we have an average of 8 players covering for the second half and that is going to hurt, but we also fail repeatedly to use substitutions to cover these shortcomings and other teams see that and go for the jugular.

If we are going to use these technical players then we need to be much more clever with our substitutions rather than throwing Ali J on in the 89th minute.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not sure this is completely true, yes we have several player that cannot last a game ie the Llama, MacAllister (judging by his compulsory substitutions) and always seem to have a couple of players off their game e.g Trossard tonight, which then means we have an average of 8 players covering for the second half and that is going to hurt, but we also fail repeatedly to use substitutions to cover these shortcomings and other teams see that and go for the jugular.

If we are going to use these technical players then we need to be much more clever with our substitutions rather than throwing Ali J on in the 89th minute.

Agree completely.
The worry is, the in game management never changes. We try and play exactly the same way for 90 mins, even though the opposition change their style. It appears passive and somewhat naive but I am assured that Potter is the bees knees, so I will bite my lip and wait for the results to start happening.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We're just not a very good side if you're honest enough to admit this and understand football is about 90+ mins and sticking the ball in the net more than your opponents i.e. winning games. Alternatively, you can put it down to bad luck, like some medieval peasant citing god to explain now known scientific facts. Like Ali J isn't a PL footballer.

I’ve reconciled myself to the fact that over 38 games our bottom 4 budget will most likely result in a bottom 4 finish. It won’t be 20th or 19th. Just hope we can stay out of 18th..

Since I accepted this reality I have been blessed with zen-like calm and just accept getting turned over again with a shrug of inevitability. I’ve read this script so many times now so my only surprise was the plot twist when we conceded on 87.mins and not 90+3.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I’ve reconciled myself to the fact that over 38 games our bottom 4 budget will most likely result in a bottom 4 finish. It won’t be 20th or 19th. Just hope we can stay out of 18th..

Since I accepted this reality I have been blessed with zen-like calm and just accept getting turned over again with a shrug of inevitability. I’ve read this script so many times now so my only surprise was the plot twist when we conceded on 87.mins and not 90+3.

I envy your confidence that we won't finish 19th or 20th. If West Brom beat Newcastle tomorrow, they'll be only three points behind us. And Sheffield United won a game last week, which we don't look capable of doing.

Every team that play us knows what to do. Defend deep and pack the penalty areas with bodies that we try to dance through without success. Put the ball into the mixer at set plays because we're STILL vulnerable. And keep going at us until the final whistle because we can't see games out. They know it, and what's more we know it so nerves creep in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chris Hughton never left the technical area. I have bad vibes for any manager who sits down taking notes. Gives off the air of a substitute geography teacher.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If West Brom beat Newcastle tomorrow, they'll be only three points behind us. And Sheffield United won a game last week, which we don't look capable of doing.

Nope, if West Brom beat Newcastle, they’ll be six points behind us. And with a shocking goal difference, effectively seven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
I’m not sure what Potter thinks Ali J will add to the game by bringing him on. If it’s a safety net to protect a point it’s not working.

Not sure what Trossard is creating. He beats a player two or three times but then either loses it or gives a sloppy pass than forces us to go back.

Just a quick correction... Ali J was brought in at 91st minute, so perhaps he was trying to protect our zero points as the score was 1-2 at that point. Surprised the beating that Ali J is getting for a three minute appearance, one touch of the ball that he did well...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just a quick correction... Ali J was brought in at 91st minute, so perhaps he was trying to protect our zero points as the score was 1-2 at that point. Surprised the beating that Ali J is getting for a three minute appearance, one touch of the ball that he did well...

Thanks. Not beating Ali J, just wondering what’s expected of him by Potter

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Agree completely.
The worry is, the in game management never changes. We try and play exactly the same way for 90 mins, even though the opposition change their style. It appears passive and somewhat naive but I am assured that Potter is the bees knees, so I will bite my lip and wait for the results to start happening.

A bit like Leeds in a way, play one way only, even if already 0-3 down.

Also, like Leeds, didn't Swansmum state that Potter and his team have introduced similar fitness training (ethos) to the Leeds messiah? So surely then the players shouldn't be running out of steam every 2nd half?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was surprised to see Potter disappear down the tunnel at full time.
Shook hands with Rogers and then straight down the tunnel/

Not sure if he went out to acknowledge the players afterwards.
My guess is he was getting ready to give them a bollocking.

Could be wrong though, because everyone knows he isn't capable of that.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I was surprised to see Potter disappear down the tunnel at full time.
Shook hands with Rogers and then straight down the tunnel/

Not sure if he went out to acknowledge the players afterwards.
My guess is he was getting ready to give them a bollocking.

Could be wrong though, because everyone knows he isn't capable of that.

nope, had to finish his shopping list...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here