Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Contact less spend to rise to £100.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just how true some of the reasons given for this seem questionable as in speed of transaction along with no Covid contact with pin numbers ? It seems now out of the EU banks are able to up the limit on contact less payments. Maybe i am wrong (no doubt) but the timing of this allows individuals/families to spend their supposed Covid savings due to not spending but they were probably using those savings to pay off outstanding debts already. For me or us contact less is a very easy way to spend to much. :dunce:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fine by me. :shrug:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It is far too high. You lose your card and now £100 can be spent with no pin needed. As long as the banks 100% cover any losses

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Strong Customer Authentication will still apply there will still be a limit before a pin is required

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just how true some of the reasons given for this seem questionable as in speed of transaction along with no Covid contact with pin numbers ? It seems now out of the EU banks are able to up the limit on contact less payments. Maybe i am wrong (no doubt) but the timing of this allows individuals/families to spend their supposed Covid savings due to not spending but they were probably using those savings to pay off outstanding debts already. For me or us contact less is a very easy way to spend to much. :dunce:

peculiar view. why does tapping rather than a PIN make it any easier to spend? did anyone ever browse around a shop, pick something get to the till and think "oh no i've got to put in my PIN. best put this back."?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can you destroy the chip on your card and it still work with a pin number?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Nothing to worry about. You’re not liable. It’s a great thing, and nothing to do with the EU. The markets set their own limits and they’re all different and change constantly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So it is 17:15 on a weekday on BBC1 - Pointless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here