Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football on a Saturday night.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know nearly all this nonsense is due to Covid but when things are back to normal do we want football like this. I knew it is popular in Italy and Spain but it’s an odd one for me.

I want to put a film on at 7-30;with my takeaway.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I don’t mind it on tv but wouldn’t want to go to a match on a Saturday night.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I don’t mind it on tv but wouldn’t want to go to a match on a Saturday night.

I'm with Corgi -quite like a match on Sat / Sun evenings on telebox after dinner, but not so keen on actual attending one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No. There’s a certain magic to be had going to a game at 3pm , finishing at 5....and then taking the energy of a good game, or even a win, into the Brighton pubs. Not so easy if KO is at 8

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Of an age now where I’m fairly ambivalent but I think I’d be pretty pissed off in my more youthful days if my Saturday nights were interrupted by football.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No. There’s a certain magic to be had going to a game at 3pm , finishing at 5....and then taking the energy of a good game, or even a win, into the Brighton pubs. Not so easy if KO is at 8

Spot on. I love a drink after a good win but not hitting a pub at 10-30 when I’ve got to get back to Worthing.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Nothing better than a nice chilled Saturday evening wanting to rip your TV off the wall and smash its face in whilst Maupay misses 3 open goals and 7 penalties.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing better than a nice chilled Saturday evening wanting to rip your TV off the wall and smash its face in whilst Maupay misses 3 open goals and 7 penalties.

:lolol:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

Just under 90 minutes until kick off, so going round the house removing all fragile objects from view.:albion2::albion2:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
It was a new slot introduced prior to covid so here to stay I'd guess, although it was initially just eight games.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I’m Saturday night match ready

8BF62C2C-36BE-4A80-8289-912A2086F5D0.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spot on. I love a drink after a good win but not hitting a pub at 10-30 when I’ve got to get back to Worthing.

Or Faversham.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know nearly all this nonsense is due to Covid but when things are back to normal do we want football like this. I knew it is popular in Italy and Spain but it’s an odd one for me.

I want to put a film on at 7-30;with my takeaway.

PB probably won't let you take a projector and screen into the Amex :D

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No, it's crap. Second only to 8pm on a Sunday which is even crappier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here