Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Local Pharmacy

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I am alarmed to read that three quarters of local pharmacies could close due to inadequate funding, I have discussed this with various groups with the strong result that it must not be allowed to happen. Last year NHS sent out details of Prescriptions being dealt with by a central office rather than your local pharmacy,imagine the thousands of prescriptions being dealt with at one time,with your local pharmacy if you forget to take in your prescription on time they will give you a weeks items and deduct them from the full prescription when you pick it up, can you imagine the central office dealing with this, repeated efforts due to engaged lines then being advised that prescription was dealt with and there must be a problem with GPO.
Not long ago Boris stated that if you are having problems in contacting your GP, rather than go to A & E contact your local Pharmacy.
Your comments would be appreciated

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My local pharmacy is utterly useless

Always making mistakes with prescriptions, never had my meds in stock so I switched to another about a mile down the road and had no problems in the last 18 months.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve tried several Pharmacies and all are dreadful, rude staff and this was before Covid.

I now use Pharmacy2U, superb service.

This reminds me of [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]s posts stating all Brighton taxi drivers are rude to him and his wife. Yet I find them mainly polite and helpful :shrug:

:lolol:

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
My local pharmacy is utterly useless

Always making mistakes with prescriptions, never had my meds in stock so I switched to another about a mile down the road and had no problems in the last 18 months.

So if they close would you trust a Central point to deal with your prescriptions?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair you are the sort of person that if someone’s been to Tenerife you’ve been to Elevenerife. [emoji1745]

To be fair I’m not the sort of person to go to either Tenerife or Elevenerife.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I am alarmed to read that three quarters of local pharmacies could close due to inadequate funding, I have discussed this with various groups with the strong result that it must not be allowed to happen. Last year NHS sent out details of Prescriptions being dealt with by a central office rather than your local pharmacy,imagine the thousands of prescriptions being dealt with at one time,with your local pharmacy if you forget to take in your prescription on time they will give you a weeks items and deduct them from the full prescription when you pick it up, can you imagine the central office dealing with this, repeated efforts due to engaged lines then being advised that prescription was dealt with and there must be a problem with GPO.
Not long ago Boris stated that if you are having problems in contacting your GP, rather than go to A & E contact your local Pharmacy.
Your comments would be appreciated[/QUOTE
Strange, I have tried a number of inputs requesting Reviews of Pharmacy2U However none received a reply

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Your comments would be appreciated[/QUOTE
Strange, I have tried a number of inputs requesting Reviews of Pharmacy2U However none received a reply

Here you go you weird spammer

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pharmacy2u.co.uk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This reminds me of [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]s posts stating all Brighton taxi drivers are rude to him and his wife. Yet I find them mainly polite and helpful :shrug:

:lolol:

One suspects our Chick may simply be having his own attitude reciprocated as he wonders from pharmacy to pharmacy encountering rudeness at every turn :lolol:

I don't recall ever having a bad experience at a pharmacy. They have always greeted me with the appropriate degree of courtesy. I find a smile and a cheery hello often sets the tone for the encounter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One suspects our Chick may simply be having his own attitude reciprocated as he wonders from pharmacy to pharmacy encountering rudeness at every turn :lolol:

I don't recall ever having a bad experience at a pharmacy. They have always greeted me with the appropriate degree of courtesy. I find a smile and a cheery hello often sets the tone for the encounter.

Its amazing how well human interactions can go when started with a hello, a smile and some politeness, even taxi drivers !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. It’s like people moaning the French/Spanish/Italians are always rude when they’re on holiday. I never have an issue in any of these countries but I imagine if you're a group of 20 misshapen blokes necking lager after lager and alternating between spewing up and singing No Surrender all night you might get a different response from the locals?

I flit around in my shades with my man bag and man purse and don’t have any issues whatsoever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Agree. It’s like people moaning the French/Spanish/Italians are always rude when they’re on holiday. I never have an issue in any of these countries but I imagine if you're a group of 20 misshapen blokes necking lager after lager and alternating between spewing up and singing No Surrender all night you might get a different response from the locals?

I flit around in my shades with my man bag and man purse and don’t have any issues whatsoever.

I always avoid contact when abroad with turbovirgin simps who have shades, a man bag and a man purse , this may explain why you dont have any issues with interactions if people are crossing the street to avoid you anyway.
Do you wear a waistcoat and jeans to complete the look?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you wear a waistcoat and jeans to complete the look?

I have a variety of morning to evening outfits and accessories, depending on what I’m doing and where I am.....obviously.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whoooosh.

tilldeath.jpg

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here