Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ariel Pic of Brighton 1929

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
280205388.gallery.jpg

Looking at what I think is now City College?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not sure its where the college is. When was than big brick church built thats close as I cant see it in that photo?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I thought St Peters Church was level(ish) distance from the sea as the college so wouldn't be in shot looking south if that's the church. The view looks like it comes from further north. Unless i have my bearings a bit wrong. Been a while since I've been into town.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That building on the left with the red roof and chimneys is now the Hobgoblin. Taken from St. Bartholomew’s Church?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Looks like the picture was taken from St Bartholomew`s , i went to school there in 1969

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
St Bartholomew's - I was told a story as a boy, no idea how true, that is was designed to be the same size as Noah's ark [or did I just imagine that?]

I heard told that story too

The vast building, in Italian Gothic style with a large rose window and a statue of St Bartholomew in a niche below, completely dominated the surrounding houses and was built to the supposed dimensions of Noah's Ark, 180 feet long, 58 feet wide and 140 feet to the top of the gilt metal cross.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I heard told that story too

The vast building, in Italian Gothic style with a large rose window and a statue of St Bartholomew in a niche below, completely dominated the surrounding houses and was built to the supposed dimensions of Noah's Ark, 180 feet long, 58 feet wide and 140 feet to the top of the gilt metal cross.

Except upside down. Bloody builders.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It's a fantastic picture.
It reminds me of one of the best bits about match day which is the view from the train as we go over the viaduct.
Glorious sight.
And actually hasn't changed a great deal looking at that pic.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I’m Daz-zled by this Ariel photo. It’s almost like my grandad is there in persil...

That's Fairy interesting. Surf-ice to say, I'll make a Bold prediction and say that h'Ecover-ed himself in glory.

Sadly, time and Tide wait for no man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here