Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your life as a match - are you winning?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just for fun...!

Second half of mine is definitely ‘underway’, perhaps nearer full time than I realise :lolol:

I’d say it’s probably 2-2 at the mo, having gone two up early in the first half only to have experienced 2 sucker punches either side of half time. Now slightly concerned could even concede a third as pressure mounts, the oppositions brilliant new latino striker ‘Covid Kickabout’, is playing havoc with my defence and a bit like the Albion couple seasons ago, I’m not creating enough upfront!

How’s your ‘match’ going?! Hope no ones getting a real drubbing at home :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good analogy.

Very little doubt that failure to look after myself in the first half will make the second half a lot tougher. Someone will have to chuck me an energy gel between 60 and 70 and I may get pulled off early (in an entirely different way to the teens minutes).

Score wise I'm about 4-4 and have missed nearly as many as our strikers.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm currently being smashed all over the park. 3 sent off, 15 own goals and just had a massive kick I the nuts for good measure.

Just praying for the final whistle to get it done with.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm more of a Swan Vesta. Flared brightly for a while, burnt steadily through the middle but beginning to flicker a bit every now and then.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I went 0-2 down in the first half. Came out all guns blazing and now 4-2 up. Just fifteen minutes to go and hopefully, loads of additional time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
9-1 down with 10 mins left, hoping the ref takes pity and blows early.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I was born with 10-0 lead.

So while I've conceded one or two soft ones, scored an own goal and missed a couple of easy chances, I'm still miles ahead.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Steady but unspectacular first half, great start to the second and then taken off after an hour to make sure I’m fit for the next thing.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’d say I was 2-0 down after 25 minutes due to my own lack of focus and not following the pre-match game plan, both own goals.
I turned it around and pulled one back on about 30 mins, I then made a sub which completely started to dictate the midfield and produced forward momentum, just before half time I equalised and after an eye opening half time team talk I’d say I’m 3-2 up and now controlling the match, I’m always mindful that the officials might make a terrible decision or change the rules mid-match but other than that I’m more confident of the 3 points than ever before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I massively underestimated the opposition and keep making the same basic errors. Hoping I might nick something on the break to earn a point.

Shame there’s no chance of a replay as I reckon I’d stroll that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was 0-3 down in the first few minutes due to a lousy childhood, but battled back to 2-3 during my teens. Equalised with two gorgeous children 3-3, went down to a sucker punch in my 40s. but equalised marrying my present other half. 4-4.

I'm now in added on time and hanging on.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm a pub team playing against a premier league side in the cup. It's 0-0 in an uneventful match and hopefully I'll get to hold on for a replay and have a go on a good pitch

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just passing the ball around in my own half currently with the odd move into the opposition half.
The entire team are down to take a series of drugs at the next break to improve our defence and get us out of own half.
A bit worried about the Brazilian and South Africian who have just joined the game. They look like they will cause problems to our defence.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I am like the Albion I play pretty football look the part come top of every list but when it comes to putting the ball in the net I am sadly lacking
So at moment 0-1 down after having 25 chances to score and one against

My life is shit and I have tried so hard despite so many hard knock backs in life

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My teammate has started talking about kids so I guess I'm 1 nil down, VAR will decide weather its an own goal or not..

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here