Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 1% Pay Rise for Nurses.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unfair....should stop squandering money elsewhere ...choices have to be made..we’ve had 12 months of paying out on various schemes ..billions on a useless track n trace scheme...I think they’ve chosen the wrong group to suddenly put the squeeze on

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'd be embarrassed announcing that , if that's what they get then it wouldn't surprise me to see them go out on strike, and who could blame them .

If true it's disgusting , no doubt politicians will get about 4% , the world's gone mad .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Unfair! The job they do to seems super human to me. Especially after the last year it seems to show a lack of appreciation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd be embarrassed announcing that , if that's what they get then it wouldn't surprise me to see them go out on strike, and who could blame them .

If true it's disgusting , no doubt politicians will get about 4% , the world's gone mad .

It’s a disgrace, but MPs have already voted out any pay rise for themselves for 2021/22.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Announcing 1% sounds worse than making no announcement. I know they have to juggle the finances, but this is a bad move - and with Kier Starmer saying quite rightly they should have more, didn't Boris realise this was a bad move on the PR front too?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's an insult, and that does not do this disgrace any justice at all.

As the useless track and trace gravy train hoovers up Billions more our frontline workers get shafted yet again. Utterly shameless.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just a standard daily government disaster, of course its indefensible but they will attempt to defend it, grudgingly change their minds and go up another 2% in the polls.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What happened to the £350m going to the NHS when we left Euroupe, Borris had plastered over the bus? Can they use some of that, Oh.........

its gone on spending across the board. would have been an easy win to make some ring-fencing for NHS and wages, show the brexit dividend, this set of politicans dont appear to be very clever.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Imho should be linked to inflation and anyone working in the NHS between 25 March 20 - 25 March 22 should get a tax free bounty of £1000.

Ok who’s next,

Police
Firefighters
Teachers ( not sure about them)
Bus drivers
Taxi drivers
Supermarket workers
Volunteers

Have I forgotten anyone??

Out of interest did anyone get a pay rise after the Second World War, genuine question?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It would disgusting but here's the truth and not the sensationalist crap being reported. It hasn't been announced it is contained in a document to go to the independent review body and the MP's aren't getting a pay rise.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Imho should be linked to inflation and anyone working in the NHS between 25 March 20 - 25 March 22 should get a tax free bounty of £1000.

Ok who’s next,

Police
Firefighters
Bus drivers
Taxi drivers
Supermarket workers
Volunteers

Out of interest did anyone get a pay rise after the Second World War, genuine question?

Inflation for the last year is below 1%

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say I was surprised by the nurse who called into Radio 5 this morning, to offer balance. Her Father died early last year and she got two months off, with pay, she also spoke about 40 days holiday? Clearly she may have long service awards or a different contract to some, but there's always more to the story than just the salary, i.e. pensions, annual leave, training, compassionate leave etc. Personally, I think we all need to realise that this money is going to need to be paid back, but I think I'd have awarded an RPI increase, as a minimum, and then put the squeeze on. I'd imagine the thinking is if any public sector workers want to ask for a pay rise they'll be given the example of the heroic nurses and doctors, who only got 1%.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s a disgrace, but MPs have already voted out any pay rise for themselves for 2021/22.

MPs salary rises
2012 £65,738
2013 £66,396
2014 £67,060
2015 £74,000
2016 £74,962
2017 £76,011
2018 £77,379
2019 £79,469
2020 £81,932

https://www.statista.com/statistics/388885/mp-salary-uk/

Nurses pay, on the other hand, between 2010 and 2018 fell, on average by 7.4% although this was very slightly offset by a 2% rise between June 18 and Dec 19, ie 18 months.

https://fullfact.org/health/nurse-pay-may-2020/

Meanwhile, using the emergency measures in place, the government have been busy lining the pockets of friends and donors by awarding contracts left right and centre.

So forgive me if my heart doesn't bleed for the MPs sacrificing a pay rise this year.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Ok who’s next,

Police
Firefighters
Bus drivers
Taxi drivers
Supermarket workers
Volunteers

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pay-rises-for-doctors-police-and-more-in-the-public-sector
Think most of them got rises last year. Not nurses though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here