[News] 1% Pay Rise for Nurses.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Congratulations on drawing a completely wrong conclusion. Probably better not to assume you know what I think.

My take was that you have a lot time for nurses etc but it’s there choice and so they should just suck it up. The pay is the pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My take was that you have a lot time for nurses etc but it’s there choice and so they should just suck it up. The pay is the pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How else it be interpreted?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Yep. Except it's already begun. 49 surgeries in the UK have been sold to the US Centene Corporation. Making the US health insurance company the biggest provider of healthcare in the UK.

https://lowdownnhs.info/news/us-takeover-of-a-network-of-gp-practices/

Wow,it never ceases to amaze me how devious governments and corporations can be.
I had know idea things had progressed so far already and by the sounds of it nobody else did either because they didn't hold any public meetings and centene were not named as the new owners until after the decision was made.
The whole thing seems very dodgy and it will be interesting to see if Matt Hancock does do an investigation as he should,as there are certainly some strange things going on in the deal.
He won't of course because it seems like he must know all about it as it needed NHS England's authorisation to go ahead.
It's interesting too that the directors of operose are ex NHS heads.
Indeed ,The insulting pay rise makes more sense now.
Create a feeling of anger and disillusionment amongst the staff with the hope of a vicious war with the unions and lots of strikes whilst in the meantime give more contracts to centene so they can grow their empire (I'm sure the issue of long waiting lists,a possible future wave of covid,nurses are all on strike,it's all the unions fault,blah,blah)and the ex NHS heads at operose will begin to lure the(quite rightly) disillusioned staff away from the NHS and over to operose.
The public should be made more aware of this,I wonder what the 370,000 people who it effects think about it(if they know of course).
Shocking.

A friend of mine is of the view that increased NHS pay could be funded from state pension savings due to premature deaths which is a little cynical. My views is that it is all a devious ploy and they will increase the offer with much fanfare and "good old Boris" headlines in the usual suspect papers.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
As you say, cronies do it for the love of money.

I know 4 Tory donors, they all have money to burn and they are also all on very good pensions.

Not many people have those benefits at the moment.

Government is giving them lucrative contracts again, no surprise .

Well said pal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The public should be made more aware of this,I wonder what the 370,000 people who it effects think about it(if they know of course).
Shocking.

i dont suppose they care as long as the GP surgery is open and they can get to see a GP. all GPs surgeries are private, always have been, and that story about one business running a group of surgeries selling to another business running a group of surgeries. oh, the second one happens to be owned by US corp, one that provides most the medicare across US (their near equivalent to NHS).

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
to be announced in may, so clearly floating it, to set up bj to right the wrong, FOR GOD, HARRY AND MEGHAN!

Gawd save the Queen.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A little off route but didn't Blair/Brown bring in PFI if so what was the purpose of that ? However at a local level i/we have found here in Leek both Dental and Nhs care to be really good,genuine and caring helpful staff. Yet as a few have posted before 1% v Hs2 and i am no Corbyn fan but this does sound a bit like what was it "for the many not for the few".

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
As a nurse, the major issue I have is working conditions. Conditions have deteriorated massively over the last 10 years, staffing levels are what most would consider unsafe most of the time, ultimately affecting patient care.
The NHS runs the majority of time due to all the extra/unpaid hours that healthcare professionals put in, due to the concerns/compassion of the staff.
It’s been pretty awful over the last 12 months, with 90% of nurses I know having had Covid.
Most nurses I know also are looking for a way out as they can’t go on working under these conditions.
At the end of the day a pay rise would be nice, but ultimately I’d definitely take better working conditions, so I don’t take home the worry and can provide the care that my patients deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
As a nurse, the major issue I have is working conditions. Conditions have deteriorated massively over the last 10 years, staffing levels are what most would consider unsafe most of the time, ultimately affecting patient care.
The NHS runs the majority of time due to all the extra/unpaid hours that healthcare professionals put in, due to the concerns/compassion of the staff.
It’s been pretty awful over the last 12 months, with 90% of nurses I know having had Covid.
Most nurses I know also are looking for a way out as they can’t go on working under these conditions.
At the end of the day a pay rise would be nice, but ultimately I’d definitely take better working conditions, so I don’t take home the worry and can provide the care that my patients deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The number of nurses leaving the job should be a massive concern to everyone. The pay situation has to be such that it’s an attractive career for new motivated people coming through and can see a rewarding career. Seeing the horror of the last 12 months rewarded with a 1% pay increase isn’t the message I’d expect to be one that triggers a surge in course applications.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
7A8F64C9-BE9C-4D46-9C5A-7B2A513DBA23.jpeg

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Disgusting... Tory voter or not, who can defend this joke of a payrise.

A poll 2 days days ago had the Tories even further ahead of Labour :facepalm: unfortunately we are in an era of footballisation of politics. No matter how awful, the voter will defend their party. I even know nurses who voted Tory... WTF. The multi millionaire newspaper owners know what they are doing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Disgusting... Tory voter or not, who can defend this joke of a payrise.

A poll 2 days days ago had the Tories even further ahead of Labour :facepalm: unfortunately we are in an era of footballisation of politics. No matter how awful, the voter will defend their party. I even know nurses who voted Tory... WTF. The multi millionaire newspaper owners know what they are doing.

It’s the vaccine bounce, once more jobs start to go/if we still have restrictions after June 21st/new lockdown suggested/rise taxes it will drop like a stone

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this pathetic 1% pay rise official then?

No, it's part of the evidence they have submitted to the independent pay review body, which is due to make its recommendation in May. We'll see then just how independent it really is.

And if it comes back with a recommendation higher than 1% we'll also see if the government are consistent in their approach..... if you recall when the MP's pay body made a higher than inflation recommendation it was accepted with open arms as they couldn't possibly go against the recommendation of an independent pay body.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i dont suppose they care as long as the GP surgery is open and they can get to see a GP. all GPs surgeries are private, always have been, and that story about one business running a group of surgeries selling to another business running a group of surgeries. oh, the second one happens to be owned by US corp, one that provides most the medicare across US (their near equivalent to NHS).

Indeed
Not sure people really understanding what they are reading sometimes.
A business that took up a contract when labour was in power to run a group of surgeries will now be run by another business who are taking over the contract.
Umm so what
lets get funky and angry about it now because the new business happens to be American.......ah i see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here