Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 1% Pay Rise for Nurses.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
IMO they would have got more than 1% before this pandemic.

The nurses have without doubt had an extremely hard year, I would never do their job, however, they love it or they would not do it, we do have a choice in what we do. I do feel for any new recruits who hadn't got to grips what nursing was all about. They truly have had a tough introduction to nursing, but those that have got through it, the experience will be invaluable should they continue.

I feel for everyone that got no pay rise and those that got, ended up on universal credit to no fault of there own at an age that they may now never get a job again.

I think we can all agree covid has wrecked lives and will continue to do so, but to open the flood gates up any more would be suicidal for the country. However much Rishi had given them would have been a problem for those who are just looking to whinge.

Just imagine all that furlough money that has supported the UK, Rishi and the tories have truly pulled out all the stops.

I think we can all agree that you are, as always talking bollocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm unsure why we can't wait for the NHS pay review that is due soon?
Yes 1% seems derisory, but some nursing groups were lobbying for 12.5-15% rises last summer.

Bloody unions and employee groups, always trying to stick up for their members. Makes you sick...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
m

The nurses have without doubt had an extremely hard year, I would never do their job, however, they love it or they would not do it, we do have a choice in what we do

You really are a cock at times. Would you say the same about the armed forces? Difficult year? They must love it? They have a choice. No, no you wouldn’t.

Maybe they do it because they care? Ever considered this?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I'm unsure why we can't wait for the NHS pay review that is due soon?
Yes 1% seems derisory, but some nursing groups were lobbying for 12.5-15% rises last summer.

15% is right and I would be more than happy my taxes are spent paying NHS staff what they are worth it's a big fat yes from me

[tweet]1367791816536363008[/tweet]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Stop. Voting. Tory.

It is really quite simple. This came as a surprise to no-one. This is what a vote for the Tories equates to.

Don't like it, don't do it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Cant the government set aside a couple of billion or 5 and give them all a well deserved once in a career one off performance related bonus for the last year of a few grand each rather than a shitty immeasurable token 1%? Or doesnt it work like that? I know the moneys gotta come from somewhere but..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
15% is right and I would be more than happy my taxes are spent paying NHS staff what they are worth it's a big fat yes from me

[tweet]1367791816536363008[/tweet]

Understand the sentiment but if you agree 15% for NHS, the police, fire service and every other public servant will demand the same. How much extra tax are you prepared to pay to fund it all ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here